3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2013 8:21 AM by the_wine_snob

Title/text effects just for one line?

W_Ronald

Hi!

As far as I understood do the PE11 title/text effects work just for one line of text.

(1) How can I produce more lines text-effects with PE11 (and more complex, like 3D-animations)?

(2) If this is not possible, do you know any free/beginners software for doing that?

I look forward to reading your answers!

Best wishes,

Ronald

• 1. Re: Title/text effects just for one line?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Ronald,

You are correct. The Title animation Presets will only work on a single line of Text.

However, there are several ways around that limitation.

I like to just create the Title, as I need, and then Keyframe the Fixed Effects>Motion>Position, to do Roll/Crawl animations. As most of the added Effects, like Blur and many others, can also be animated with Keyframes, one is only limited by their imagination. Those Keyframed Effects will be applied to the Title, regardless of however many lines of Text, or other Objects are on the Title.

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Title/text effects just for one line?
            W_Ronald Level 1

Hi Bill,

thank you for your fast and helpful answer!

Best wishes

Ronald

• 3. Re: Title/text effects just for one line?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Ronald,

You are most welcome.

I am not sure what the limitation to one line of text is related to - the program coding? The animation algorithms? However, with a bit of planning, there are several ways around that limitation, but it throws people, when they first encounter it.

This article also has some tips on using Titler in Premiere (both Pro and Elements), and I have added some Adobe TV tutorials. Note: they are done in PrPro, so the interfaces will look differently, plus PrPro's Titler has some additional functions, that are not yet in PrE. Still, the basics are all the same, and I think that with a bit of interpolation, even the PrPro tutorials will be useful: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1131177

Good luck, and happy titling,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful