how do i modify a pdf already downloaded

stevegoodman1442

how do i modify a pdf

• 1. Re: how do i modify a pdf already downloaded
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

How do you want to modify it, exactly?

• 2. Re: how do i modify a pdf already downloaded
            stevegoodman1442 Level 1

Thanks for answering, George. I'm not much of a computer guy, so here goes.

I scanned my old resume into "my pictures" in XP. I just need to update the resume so I can hopefully get a job with it. I can't figure out how to be able to type anything onto it. If there's an easier way of updating  using a different method, I'm all ears. Thank you again for esponding.

Steve

• 3. Re: how do i modify a pdf already downloaded
              George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I see. This really has nothing to do with FormsCentral (the forum where you posted to), but that's OK.

If I were in your situation and only had a scan, I would recreate it in a word processor and generate a new PDF. Since I have Acrobat, I could speed things along by using its OCR capability and export to text or a Word document. I'd then use Acrobat to generate the new PDF. If you have Word, it is now able to save to PDF, as is the free OpenOffice suite, and many others.

Your resume should look as good as it can, so don't stick with a scan. I've helped clients deal with collections of resumes that they receive as PDFs and they often want to be able to extract text, which isn't possible if there isn't any, as with a scan.

1 person found this helpful