Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flex Error #1001: Digest mismatch with RSL error

Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize if this is not the correct location for this question but it was the closest I could find.

I am working in salesforce trying to add a new content pack.  This screen uses a tool written in flash.  The screen that comes up is an error with the following:

Flex Error #1001: Digest mismatch with RSL

https://cs13.salesforce.com/_swf/121310/sfc/flex/framework_3.5.0.12683.swf.

Redeploy the matching RSL or relink your application with the matching

library.

I have been working with SalesForce support but they don't have a clue and want to punt to Adobe. 

The support staff at SalesForce has no trouble accessing the page with the flash control from thier pc.  I have tried several computers in my office and from several browsers (IE 9 and Chrome).  I have reinstalled Flash Player 11 and cleared browser caches.  Nothing seems to work.

It has to be something common to computers in my office or my network.  All of the information I can find on the Internet talks about rebuilding the application and redeploying it.  I can't do that since this is part of SalesForce and not something I own.  Also, it works for them on their computers.

I am running windows 7 64 bit.  I have McAfee running (and have checked that Flash is not blocked).

The flash player itself works when I go to the Adobe site and try other content.

The only other odd thing I have is that my hard drive is encrypted.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Usually clearing the cache and restarting your browser/system clears these types of errors up.  Did Salesforce tell you which version of Flash Player they were using?  Could you try downgrading your IE version to 10.3 to see if that helps?  Finally, does this happen with other systems at your work or just yours?  Are they all encrypted?

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I have cleared the browsser and flash cache data then restarted browswers and windows. Still no luck.  I reverted the flash player back to 10.3 after following the instructions in the link you provided for a clean install but still get the error.  SalesForce did not state what version of FlashPlayer they are using but I will check with them later today. 

All of the machines that I have tested on have been at the office and all have encrypted hard drives with PGP desktop.  I am going to try my laptop on my home network tonight to see if we are blocking something during the download.

This is driving me nuts.  I know is it something specific to the machines in the office or the office network but I can't find it.

Thanks for your help.  Please let me know if you have any other ideas.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried accesing the page in question on a machine that does not have MacAfee, PGP Desktop, and is not on the company network.  I get the same error. I am now out of ideas.

--Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping that this is a clue as to what is going wrong.  I have not been able to get the Flash control to work on any pc at my office.  However, it was working just fine on my home pc.  To understand what files were being downloaded and cached at home so I could compare them to the work pc I cleared the Flash cache on my home pc.  Now the home pc gets the same digest mismatch error as the work pc.  My guess is that the framework file or some other common file was cached on my home pc and that is why it was working prior to clearing the cache. 

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to get past this problem by doing the following to load another Flash based control from SalesForce that cached whatever was missing.

I was able to get past this error by doing the following on a pc that is getting the error:
1) Select any content item in the library
2) Select "Deliver Content" "Deliver this content" from the content details
3) click "Save and Next"
4) Click "Preview"
After following these steps I no longer get the error when trying to create a new Content Pack from the libraries screen.

I am still trying to get SF to fix their problem with the first control but at least I can move forward.

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting back Mike, I'm sorry I didn't have much help for you.  What app did you have to make these modifications in?  Salesforce?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

The app that has the problem is one owned by SalesForce.  You launch it by going to the libraries page and clicking "Create New/Content Pack".  I believe they need to correct this app to include a missing file (framework?).  I was able to get around the problem by launching another one of their apps, the "preview" of a Content Delivery.  After launching the "preview" app, whatever was missing from the "Create New/Content Pack" app was cached locally on my machine and everything works.  Overall, I think this is not a problem with Flash but a problem with how SalesForce built thier apps.

Thanks for your help and I hope this helps others.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mike!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines