I have the same issue. Was starting scout to see whether my application leaking ByteArrays, and noticed that the "Other Bitmap Memory" stat keeps climbing and climbing. If that were for real, I'd have a memory leak that hits 500 MB after ten minutes.
System.totalMemory returns a different (and more realistic value), so I am going to ignore it, unless other people tell me they run out of memory.
In any case, I have yet to find out how to make Adobe Scout tell me *what* elements it is referring to. So I have a 31 MB BitmapData. What is it? It's not like I have a single instance, they could at least show me *some* info about it (name, GC path, ...).
Hi Nick, Kleiner Buntstift
Would it be possible for you to save your Scout session as an .flm and share it so we can take a look?
@Kleiner Buntstift - We currently don't yet have a way to find what the memory elements are in this version.
I will have some time this weekend to profile my application again and share it. I forgot to save the session. I can also share my source project but I need to fake some xml data it would normally get from the server so you can see.
I have nearly the same issue. I've created a List with ItemRenderer.
When the ItemRenderer is empty, no memory is leaking, Other Bitmap Memory is reasonable, when I scroll.
When I added two Label-s to the ItemRenderer:
<s:Label x="11" y="25" width="222" height="45"
<s:Label x="11" y="27" width="222" height="45"
The Other Bitmap Memory started to grow, every time I've scrolled. It monotonly growed.
Lavanya, here is the flm, if you want to look into it:
Long time I know but I forgot about this completely!
As it turns out, on the first run I had not enabled the detailed telemetry since it was a flex project. I enabled it and recorded 2 more sessions. I wish I had saved the file from before, but it may have been inacurate anyway. I have zipped up my source files including the code and FLA and 2 .flm files if you are interested. They are here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/92935787/TypographyProject.zip
After enabling detailed telemetry, evidence of my memory leak disappeared. I have included 2 sessions, one about an hour and a half long with no bitmap leak. These were taken after enabling detailed telemetry. So in the end I'm not sure what is going on.
Hi csomakg and Nick
In both cases it looks like you are finding this issue only when detailed telemetry is disabled. Thanks for providing the examples and letting us know! We will take a look into it.