• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.7 closing emulator when clicking outside

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting today I now have my Flash Builder 4.7 closing the android emulator if I click anywhere outside the emulator screen. Which makes it really hard to debug, only started today, and I have no idea what has caused it.

Also, launching it on a device (Motorolla XOOM), it's closing pretty much as soon as it loads.

My main issue is that I have idea at all why it's doing this, and there's no error message or anything, it just closes and the console goes dead.

Anyone else had this issue, or know where to look for error log info?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expand on this as I pull what's left of my hair out, I find that if I put a breakpoint in the app I can then click on Flash Builder without it closing the emulator, and I can step through ok... BUT... if I then press play to let it go on again, it loses focus.

This is utterly infuriating and has pretty much wasted a day of coding so far, and running the code on the device is worse as it just closes at random points.

I have completely uninstalled and done a fresh install of Flash Builder.

I have tried overlaying Air SDK 3.5 on both the Flex 4.6 and the air directories

I just cannot for the life of me think what is causing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AAAAAAAAAAAhhh!

Found the issue.

My co-worker had overridden a handler thusly:

override protected function deactivateHandler(event:Event):void

{

super.deactivateHandler(event);

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.exit();

}

This was for some reason or other... but it wasn't affecting him as he was only testing on a nexus 10, which for some reason that event doesn't get fired unless you are actually trying to exit the app.

But on the Galaxy Xoom, and the air emulator it gets called just whenever the app is told to go to sleep or lose focus I guess.

Wow, that wasted a LOT of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines