2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2013 2:23 AM by Rick Gerard

Multiple inside masks for keylight1.2 greenscreening?

RobertHorn2012 Level 1

I have two actors that have the green screen relfecting onto their face.  However I only see an option to have one inside mask to prevent greenscreen key out.  Is it possible to use multiple inside masks for greenscreen key out?

After Effects CS6

thanks!

Robert

• 1. Re: Multiple inside masks for keylight1.2 greenscreening?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Nope. That's not how it's supposed to work. Keying is about "either/or" not "maybe/perhaps a bit", meaning either you can encompass all areas you do not want to be keyed with one mask and let the keyer do the rest or you don't. It's inherent in those algorithms and trying to be too picky works against their internal logic. If you used that approach, your footage would look splotchy, anyway, since spill removal affects the color. So ratehr than trying to be too helpful, be more liberal. Also  consider adjusting your footage in a pre-comp. Nowhere does it say that you cannot use an oversaturated duplicate for the keying and then use the result as a matte on the original, if you get my meaning...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Multiple inside masks for keylight1.2 greenscreening?
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

One hold out mask is it. I'd make a procedural matte to fix the problem areas and use that as a track matte. It would help a lot if we could see a frame of your project. So many things can go wrong with a green screen shoot that it is hard to come up with a solution without seeing the problem.