Being new to WCM I tried to add a component as described in "First Steps for Developers". But I can't see the new component neither in sidekick nor in "Insert New Component"-Dialog. What I exactly did, was
1. created node "MyProject", primaryType=nt:folder to /apps
2. created node "components", primaryType=nt:folder to /apps
3. copied: /libs/foundation/components/text to /apps/MyProject/components/text
4. renamed /apps/MyProject/components/text to /apps/MyProject/components/MyComponent
5. changed Property jcr:title from "text" to "MyComponent" for node /apps/MyProject/components/MyComponent
6. renamed /apps/MyProject/components/MyComponent/text.jsp to /apps/MyProject/components/MyComponent/MyComponent.jsp
7. save all
8. added String "/apps/MyProject/components/MyComponent" to Property "components" in node /etc/designs/geometrixx/jcr:content/contentpage/par
9. save all
Then I called the "Children's"-Page, which I had created according to the description in "First Steps for Authors". But the componennd doesn't show as described in the beginning of this thread.
What's wrong with my actions? I'm pretty sure that I exactly worked according to the sample.
Try to open some page in the author, change in the sidekick mode to DESIGN and see if you custom component is visible on list in the GENERAL section in case when you did not change componentGroup property on your /apps/MyProject/components/text node.
If it is visible on the list and not checked, please check it and the switch again to EDIT mode.
Thank you - that fixed it.