1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 13, 2013 4:06 PM by ymichel

Iterate stream indexes to retrieve properties from DynamicStreamItems

bernb7760

I am developing an application which takes a given URL and plays the media. I pass a URLResource to a DefaultMediaFactory to create the MediaElement used by the MediaPlayer.

What I am trying to do is determine the dimensions of the largest of the streams. I would like to set the player to display at this size.

I am currently trying to do this by registering to receive NUM_DYNAMIC_STREAMS_CHANGE events. In this callback, I use MediaElement.getTrait to retrieve the DynamicStreamTrait. I would iterate through the items in the stream to determine the width and height. However I cannot get dsResource from the DynamicStreamTrait, as it is a private property.

Could anybody offer me any pointers on how to achieve my aim?

Thanks, Ben

• 1. Re: Iterate stream indexes to retrieve properties from DynamicStreamItems
          ymichel Level 1

The MediaResource is reachable through the MediaElement and the DynamicStreamingItems through the streamItems property :

var mediaElement:MediaElement = new DefaultMediaFactory().createMediaElement(new URLResource(HDS_STREAM_URL));

mediaElement.addEventListener(MediaElementEvent.TRAIT_ADD, function (event:MediaElementEvent):void

{

if (event.traitType == MediaTraitType.DYNAMIC_STREAM)

{  

var dsResource:DynamicStreamingResource = (mediaElement is ProxyElement)

? (mediaElement as ProxyElement).proxiedElement.resource as DynamicStreamingResource

: mediaElement.resource as DynamicStreamingResource;

for (var dsIndex:int = 0; dsIndex < dsResource.streamItems.length; dsIndex++)

{  

if (dsResource.streamItems[dsIndex].width >= MAX_WIDTH)

{

break;

}

}

var dsTrait:DynamicStreamTrait = mediaElement.getTrait(event.traitType) as DynamicStreamTrait;

dsTrait.autoSwitch = false;

dsTrait.switchTo(dsIndex);

dsTrait.autoSwitch = true;

}  

});

var mediaPlayer:MediaPlayer = new MediaPlayer(mediaElement);

var mediaContainer:MediaContainer = new MediaContainer();

mediaContainer.addMediaElement(mediaElement);

addChild(mediaContainer);