2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2013 8:03 AM by asfgsdvg56

%%[ Error: typecheck; OffendingCommand: curveto ]%%

asfgsdvg56

We have Multi Ad Creator 8.5, when creating a Gradient, then exporting as a EPS file, then we import the EPS in InDesign, generate a Postscript file from InDesign and we get this error:

%%[ Error: typecheck; OffendingCommand: curveto ]%%

Stack:

1. 0.0
      2. 0.64
      3. 0.16
      4. 0.0

-mark-

-save-

-mark-

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%% %%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %% Distill Time: 00 Hour(s) : 00 Minute(s) : 00.187 Second(s)

**** End of Job **

I have spent about 6+hours doing different variations of EPS files and different variations of Postscript files different variations of Distiller settings and I am still getting the same results.

I have contacted Multi Ad Creator, and they are pointing the problem on how InDesign is generating the PS file, because they can PS the file from Multiad Creator 8.5 no problems, we also tested with Quark Express(6.5, 7, 8, and 9) and we had no problems, if I take the Multi Ad Creator EPS file and run it through Distiller 8, X Pro, no problems.

I am in the process of updating to CS6 to see if that helps, but our system is dependent of CS5.5 and the workaround is not the best but it works.

any thoughts