6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2013 5:52 AM by Alessio T.

Need help with Object States or Buttons?

ryan.marchese Level 1

I currently work in InDesign to compile layouts and present design decks to clients. Our template includes an approval section (Not Approved, Revised, Approved) that we currently have as white/black bubbles that we change manually on each page. I've been trying to find a way to speed up this process. I know that in InDesign you can create buttons than you can then click on-off on your PDF - we used to do this but it is too time consuming (we have PDF's anywhere from 25-120 pages). I have been playing around with Object States, so we can quickly update the bubbles in InDesign itself as we work.

Does anyone know of a way to change the state of multiple objects on multiple pages at the same time? (For example, if I want to change all pages to "Approved" at the same time - or if I only wanted to do some, but not all, of the pages.)

Can anyone recommend any other InDesign tools that may be able to create a similar function for an "approval" stamp, but that still is done in InDesign (not in the PDF after exporting)?