7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2013 12:25 PM by shooternz

PP 6.0 titler issue

DSNProducer

I am having an issue with the Premiere Pro titler.  I create a new still title at 960x720, but when I place it on the timeline, the text size is much larger, and positioning of the text is off from what I set up in the titler window.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I feel sure it's operator error.  Thanks!

• 1. Re: PP 6.0 titler issue
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Likely your title size is larger than your sequence size.  Ideally they should match.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PP 6.0 titler issue
            DSNProducer Level 1

Thanks, Jim.  I did check that, and they are.  Funny thing is that if I work with it a little, like move it around, or reopen the title editor, or even click on the title in the timeline, or move it up into the viewer, it will re-size and look fine.

• 3. Re: PP 6.0 titler issue
              DSNProducer Level 1

Sometimes, but not always.  I'm sort of stymied on this...

• 4. Re: PP 6.0 titler issue
                DSNProducer Level 1

When I create the new title, it asked for a size, and the only choice I have for that ratio is the HD Anamorphic 1080, so maybe that's the problem.  PP seems to select the size for you based on the sequence settings...

• 5. Re: PP 6.0 titler issue
                  Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

I've had this happen as well.  Is the project from an earlier version of Premiere Pro?  Was the previous title based on a font that isn't on your system anymore?

If you change the percentage size of the font from 100% to something else, then return it to 100%, that should fix the size issue.  You may have to re-position the title in the frame as well.

Jeff

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: PP 6.0 titler issue
                    DSNProducer Level 1

Thanks, Jeff.  No, project is 6.0.  And fonts I used are all installed, and I'm seeing this on newly-created titles.  I will give the font sizing a try.  Something I'm doing once the title is created is causing it to finally revert to the intended size and position, so I will experiment.  Many thanks!

• 7. Re: PP 6.0 titler issue
                      shooternz Level 6

When I create the new title, it asked for a size, and the only choice I have for that ratio is the HD Anamorphic 1080, so maybe that's the problem. PP seems to select the size for you based on the sequence settings...

Correct...and logical.  Why would one create a title based on a different size than the target sequence setting.

If for some reason one might need that...create an appropriate  sequence then create a title based on that.