3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2013 7:00 PM by Mylenium

AE6 Performance Issue

iTozer Level 1

Hi! I have a performance issue I am needing some help on that has to do with using the Render Mulitple Frames Simultaneously option. I have done a couple test renders and I am not seeing a performance increase when using this option. In fact, the time it takes for the render is basically identical with this option checked, and without this option checked. Below is a screen shot of my Memory & Multiprocessing options, and details.

multiprocessing_settings.jpg

multiprocessing_details.jpg

The project I am working on is a green screen project using Keylight 1.2, SA Color Finesse 3, as well as several other effects. I am rendering to a QuickTime .mov file using the Photo - JPEG video codec. Below is a screen of my encode settings.

encode_settings.jpg

My goal is to decrease the amount of time it takes to render. It seems like I am doing something wrong with the memory & multiprocessing option because I would expect faster renders with this option selected. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• 1. Re: AE6 Performance Issue
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You're using a filter that does not support MP so what you are seeing makes sense.

• 2. Re: AE6 Performance Issue
            iTozer Level 1

Thank you for your response Rick. Is it the Keylight filter that is not supported? If that is the case, is there a different keying filter available, perhaps a 3rd party filter, that does support MP?

• 3. Re: AE6 Performance Issue
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Search the forum. There are no simple answers here and the whys and hows if and when MP will be disabled have been discussed to death. just substituting your effect will achieve nothing as long as you render to clip files that require sequential processing and conversely use source files based on clips that may not allow this. You're looking for a "which is the best effect" that doesn't solve any of your issues. Rather evaluate your workflow and think about how you can make it more suitable for MP, if that is really that important to you. Still, even then you will have to accept that many times it will not work and AE quitetly disable it behind your back. It's an inherent limitation in AE's rendering pipeline.

Mylenium