7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2013 6:17 AM by the_wine_snob

Globally change effects settings in PE11?

Skeeter123

Greetings!

Is there a way to change, say, the stabilization settings for ALL clips on a timeline? Or, for that matter, apply an effect to ALL clips on a timeline? I know one can select the clips to apply an effect to, but I seem to have to change the settings to all clips separately, i.e.., one-by-one and hope I didn't miss one...

thanks!

• 1. Re: Globally change effects settings in PE11?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

With multiple Clips, once an Effect has been added to the first, and adjusted, as is needed, one could then Rt-click on that Clip, and choose Copy. Next, they would select all other Clips, as is necessary, the Rt-click on those, choosing Paste Attributes. The Effect(s), with the adjustments, will be added. Note: one can then go in, and make adjustments, if each of those Clips require it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Globally change effects settings in PE11?
            Skeeter123 Level 1

One thanks you, Bill!! Brilliantly simple. Simply brilliant! (One overstates occasionally)

• 3. Re: Globally change effects settings in PE11?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Just remember that with the Copy, one will Copy ALL Effects applied to it, along with their settings.

It pays to plan ahead a bit, so that one does not load the first Clip with Effects, that will not be needed, as those will have to be removed. When adding Effects, I use the first Clip to set EVERYTHING up, then Copy/Paste Attributes.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Globally change effects settings in PE11?
                Skeeter123 Level 1

Another great tip!

Thanks again!

ps. Is it me or is this forum (and Adobe.com) fussy about browsers? (Particularly AdBlock extensions)

• 5. Re: Globally change effects settings in PE11?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

I use Google Chrome, and have the "security" set to low, BUT have a couple of anti-virus, and anti-malware programs, that are active, when I am on line.

To date, I have not had any issues, but browsers CAN play a role in things.

If you are having browser issues with the forums, I would post to the Forum Comments forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

Lot's of great, and helpful folk there.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Globally change effects settings in PE11?
                    Skeeter123 Level 1

Thanks once again, Bill. Good stuff. I tend to bounce back and forth between Firefox and Chrome. It may be that my Adblock is bunging up the works with Adobe.com. (And only Adobe.com) but hey....

Meanwhile, back on topic, your tip about cutting/pasting attributes works great unless "one" already has effects on the clip. It will add items, but not take them away it seems....e.g., if the destination clip has three effects and the source clip only two, then the destination clip will still have three effects...which is neither good nor bad, I, err, "one" needs to be aware of it.....and not "assume". Lol!

Cheers!

• 7. Re: Globally change effects settings in PE11?
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Skeeter,

Yes, as mentioned, that is the drawback to Copy/Paste Attributes. When I am going to use that method, I start with no added Effects (the Fixed Effects are not duplicated, but their settings will be), then do the Copy/Paste Attributes to all other Clips, where I desire them, and finally, go into any Clips, where I wish to add other Effects.

A nice feature would be the ability to selectively Copy only certain Effects from that first Clip, so that others are not duplicated, when one uses Paste Attributes. Maybe PrE 12?

In the Effects Control Panel (Effects>Edit Effects), will allow one to manually delete any undesirable/duplicated Effects.

Now to Adobe.com. I recently had an issue with The Adobe Store (from Adobe.com), and could not purchase any Adobe program. They would just not load into my cart. A brief Live Chat revealed that it was because of some Adobe cookies on Chrome. Rather than clean those out (and have to reset some later), I just fired up IE (it does not see much Adobe activity, so is rather "clean"), and everything loaded into the cart and the purchase was completed just fine. If your issues is NOT AdBlocker, then clean your browser's cache and cookies, and try again.

Good luck,

Hunt