3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2007 3:42 AM by Greg Dove

How to close the swf file???

AScracker Level 1

hi ,
      I need to close the flash(swf) file after i click the submit button in the swf file....(
      can any one, tell me hw to solve this issue
      ~~SK
        • 1. Re: How to close the swf file???
          Greg Dove Level 4
          What do you want to have happen?

Do you want the swf to disappear from the html page? You should use javascript to remove it from the DOM. You could make that request via ExternalInterface....but I'm not sure what would happen as an ExternalInterface call tries to return a value to flash. If it has been removed from the browser DOM... I'm not sure what happens - whether a javascript error occurs or not. I've never tried it.

Do you want to reload the browser page with another page? You can do that in conjunction with a 'submit' from e.g. LoadVars.send or just using getURL
          you need to have the target argument as "_self" to target the same browser window.

• 2. Re: How to close the swf file???
            AScracker Level 1
            Hi
            Actually the flash file open as a child widow, After i enter the data in the text box, then by clicking the submit button
            then window need to close...
            can u help me , to clear this issue..

~~SK
            • 3. How to close the swf file???
              Greg Dove Level 4
              What do you mean by child window?

Do you mean it is a swf that appears in a javascript popup window?

Or do you mean it is a swf that is running inside a window component inside flash?