6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2009 1:25 PM by sandy1922 RSS

How can I find Serial Number of installed DW

RobertPhoenix
      I'm trying to reconcile all our Dreamweaver and Fireworks Licenses. I think I know which licenses we have, but I don't know where they have been installed.

On my own machine I have a copy of Dreamweaver 8 and Fireworks 8 - How can I find out which serial number was used when they were installed ?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: How can I find Serial Number of installed DW
          Newsgroup_User Community Member
          Click Help and about on both programs and look under version number it
          should be the serial number you used.
          Dave

"RobertPhoenix" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fifmiq$hku$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm trying to reconcile all our Dreamweaver and Fireworks Licenses. I
          think I
          > know which licenses we have, but I don't know where they have been
          installed.
          >
          > On my own machine I have a copy of Dreamweaver 8 and Fireworks 8 - How
          can I
          > find out which serial number was used when they were installed ?
          >
          > Thanks.
          >

• 2. Re: How can I find Serial Number of installed DW
            Baxter wrote:
            > Click Help and about on both programs and look under version number it
            > should be the serial number you used.

The serial number is displayed on the About screen only when individual
            licences are purchased. With volume licences (common in companies and
            educational establishments), the serial number is not displayed. This is
            probably to prevent employees and students from "borrowing" the serial
            number.

--
            David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
            Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
            Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
            http://foundationphp.com/
            • 3. Re: How can I find Serial Number of installed DW
              RobertPhoenix Community Member
              Thanks for the help.

I don't see a serial number in the about screen so it must be on a volume license.

I wonder if I can verify which volume license is being used, or how many of the licenses have been used.

(We have a mixture of licenses - starting off with various individual purchases, followed by a multiple purchase from Macromedia - which may have only had one serial number, followed by a volume license from a reseller - which definitely had one serial number)

• 4. Re: How can I find Serial Number of installed DW
                RobertPhoenix Community Member
                Thanks for the help.

I don't see a serial number in the about screen so it must be on a volume license.

I wonder if I can verify which volume license is being used, or how many of the licenses have been used.

(We have a mixture of licenses - starting off with various individual purchases, followed by a multiple purchase from Macromedia - which may have only had one serial number, followed by a volume license from a reseller - which definitely had one serial number)

• 5. Re: How can I find Serial Number of installed DW
                  RobertPhoenix wrote:
                  > I wonder if I can verify which volume license is being used, or how many of
                  > the licenses have been used.

I think the only way is to contact Adobe customer support or the
                  reseller. I don't think it matters which licence you used, as long as it
                  was a legitimate one. AFAIK, volume licences are like individual ones.
                  The serial number refers to the product or suite, so a licence for
                  Studio 8 won't work with CS3 and vice-versa.

--
                  David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
                  Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
                  Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
                  http://foundationphp.com/
                  • 6. Re: How can I find Serial Number of installed DW
                    sandy1922 Community Member

Hi, I know everone get stuck finding the serial number when it is lost, and hence, it is a good practice to register your genuine copy after the installation. If you have the copy installed on the system and not registered, please do that and call Adobe Customer Service or Live Chat after 24 hours and provide the email address used to register. I'm sure, if it is registered they can help you.

To register --- > Find Help > Registration, after you launch the program on your system.

If it is already registered and not able to find the serial number...please take a look at the below post.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2483989#2483989