0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2013 10:33 AM by DonathonLiquid

Mac Indesign CS5 7.0.4 , corrupting network based links from Lion Server

DonathonLiquid

I've got some users here that for client purposes are forced to use Adobe CS 5 for all deliverable content. We've recently started building indesign documents utilizing the various .tif and .psb files that are bieing developed. Unfortunatly what we are seeing is as follows

1) User A creates images locally in Photoshop CS 5 running under Mac OS X 10.7.5 Lion

2) User B or A links files inside of an Indesign CS5 document

3) User works for a day, or less, or more with the Indesign document

4) User opens indesign document and files linked say they have been modified

5) Linked file no longer open, giving an "End of File" error when attempting to open in Photoshop

6) User copies over local copies, relinks and repeats

The server is Mac OS X 10.7.5 Server, that has Apple Software Mirrored Raid 1 3tb volumes. All systems are bound to a Windows Active Directory, and are accessing the shares using Kerbros Authentication. Shares have appropriate ACL's setup on them, and everything seems to be working as expected for our normal workflow ( ie we are unable to recreate this issue with CS6 or CS5.5).

The clients are MacPro Towers, with Mac OS X 10.7.5, with Crucial M4 SSD drives, and 32 gigs of ram. The network connection test out solid, the drives in the server are heathly, and aren't throwing up any flags in the console, memory on both the server and clients test out, and if the users work locally completely they don't have any issues. I haven't been able to find anything specific to working/saving files to network shares, though I do remember issues in the past with the indesign files themselves currupting, but I've never seen the linked file currupt.

Other then forcing them to work completely local for this project, anyone have any thoughts on what may be happening here?