0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2007 10:48 AM by muritakous

widget creation on Flex builder and related problems - need some help

muritakous
      Hi all.
      I am trying to create a widget like application and it seems I have made a mistake. As you know, desktop widgets are like small stickers, they do not appear on taskbar and can be hidden or docked.
      The problem is that I created an AIR application using Flex Builder 3 Beta and now I cannot find how to make that application behave like custom-shaped window. My app appears on Windows taskbar and I don't want it. When I drag the window (which is a custom shape) it shows that nasty dragging rectangle around it.
      As far as I found out (and tried it) I need to use cod like:
      var initOptions:NativeWindowInitOptions = new NativeWindowInitOptions();
      initOptions.systemChrome = NativeWindowSystemChrome.NONE;
      initOptions.type = NativeWindowType.UTILITY;

to hide my window from the taskbar. But it seems I cannot use such a code for class mx:Application. Or can I (would be grateful for some idea)?
      The main question is:
      if I want to migrate my app to that NativeWindow based solution - then NativeWindow is not an mx class and I cannot find how I will use Flex Builder Design mode to arrange my GUI elements. Is it somehow possible to wrap my mx:Application inside NativeWindow and do not have to migrate the design from mxml files to pure ActionScript?

The second issue - if I want to use some kind of subforms - like widget settings window - when I move that window with the mouse, it is being clipped to the region of my Application. Does that again mean that I need to use NativeWindow for creating such a "Widget settings" dialog window?

Thanks for any ideas (and especially for useful links and examples :-) )