1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 14, 2013 1:33 AM by lomorgan

How to get CSXSEvents to go between extensions in a bundle?

Charlie Groves

I have two ActionScript Photoshop extensions in a single bundle. The first has this code hooked up to a button: CSInterface.instance.dispatchEvent(new CSXSEvent("cross_extension_event", CSXSEventScope.APPLICATION));. The second has this code in its creationComplete handler: CSInterface.instance.addEventListener("cross_extension_event", respondToCSXSEvent); The implementation of respondToCSXSEvent just contains trace("Got event"); However I never get the 'Got event' printout from the listener.

I've got enough printouts surrounding this that I'm confident that the dispatch is happening in the first extension and that the listener registration is happening in the second. Is there anything else I need to do to get events from the first extension to the second?

• 1. Re: How to get CSXSEvents to go between extensions in a bundle?
          lomorgan Adobe Employee

That sounds like it should work. It might be worth trying to dispatch a CSXS event from the panel with the event handler, and verifying that the listener gets hit to make sure that everything is wired up correctly. Once that's working it might be worth looking at the CSXS logs, they are instructions for how to turn up logging and where to find the logs here.

We're using CSXS events to communicate between extensions and haven't had any issues that I recall. Which version of Photoshop are you using?