2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2013 9:35 PM by Mylenium

Unable to Access Resource Error

weareobsidian Level 1

Hello,

Just today I started getting an error in AE where I experience the beachball for about 20-30 seconds, then am unable to save my project. When I try to save the project I get a series of errors, all of which are a variant of this:

After Effects warning: Unable to access resource 'UI_ProgressDialog (type XML)

Then, when I went to the "Help" menu to check for updates, the dropdown was completely blank.

I'm downloading a new update, but have been working with this version of AE for some time and had NO issues. Now I'm wondering what might cause this? I recently installed Frischluft plugins, but can't imagine that "Lenscare" would cause such a severe error?

Thanks for any feedback!

Screen Shot 2013-01-13 at 4.33.20 PM.png

• 1. Re: Unable to Access Resource Error
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you started experiencing the problem right after installing a new plug-in that's the first thing to suspect. We also have no clue about which version of AE you're using or which version of your OS you are using. When AE suddenly starts having problems on a system that was working just fine the day before it is usually caused by something new being added to your system.

• 2. Re: Unable to Access Resource Error
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What Rick said. We need exact operating system info. Beyond "some Mac with CS6" we don't know anything. also provide all the messages, if possible. One of them might reveal the source of your problems. Othrwise I would simply assume that this is some file permission/ user privilege issue and reinstalling the program might fix it, but we reall can't know. Could also be some external influence accessing your files and AE losing it. In any case, I'd consider it unlikely that a single plug-in could cause this, assuming you have the latest CS6 compatible version...

Mylenium