6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2013 4:52 AM by Birthe Søjberg

Some issues in CS6

Birthe Søjberg

Hotkey "," for reducing tool size is not working. Nothing happens when I press the key.

Settings for text program East Asian??  I am in Western Europe (Denmark)

indstil_tekst.jpg

When I want to view a photo at 100% zoom it takes up more screen space than it should. A photo of 8.5cm width measures at 100% 26.5cm on the screen.

Any help would be highly appreciated

• 1. Re: Some issues in CS6
          conroy Level 5

The default keys to reduce and increase brush size are [ and ] (left and right square brackets).

Viewing at 100% zoom displays one image pixel per screen pixel. If the image resolution does not match screen resolution then the displayed image will not be print size. For example, if the image res is 300 ppi and the screen res is 96 ppi then the 8.5 cm image will measure 26.5 cm on screen when displayed at 100% zoom.

There is a View > Print Size command in Photoshop versions up to 13.0.1. Setting screen resolution to 96 ppi in Preferences > Units & Rulers will make Print Size work correctly for your screen.

If you have newer Photoshop then you can zoom to ((96 / image res ) * 100) percent. In the case of a 300 ppi image, set zoom to 32% to view it at print size on your screen.

• 2. Re: Some issues in CS6
            Birthe Søjberg Level 1

The danish keyboard is different from the US. And all the other short-cuts work as they should (at least the ones I use).

genveje.jpg

The CS6 is obviously very different from CS2, which I am used to.

enheder.jpg

This also doesn't work    http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/antgold/antgold.htm

• 3. Re: Some issues in CS6
              c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

The CS6 is obviously very different from CS2, which I am used to.

I would hope so, what else good would 4 versions be otherweise?

Edit: I meant that four versions worth of improvements (and some others) have to result in some changes.

Are you familiar with ctrl-alt-click-dragging to change the size and softness of brushes yet?

• 4. Re: Some issues in CS6
                Birthe Søjberg Level 1

c.pfaffenbichler wrote:

Are you familiar with ctrl-alt-click-dragging to change the size and softness of brushes yet?

Ctrl-alt-click results only in a new layer ?

I am beginning to think, that something on my computer is corrupting CS6. I also had processed 4 photos which I could not print out. I got the message "Image is damaged, Removed from the output list".

• 5. Re: Some issues in CS6
                  c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

Ctrl-alt-click results only in a new layer ?

If Photoshop > Preferences > General > »Vary Round Brush Hardness Based on HUD Vertical Movement« is checked ctrl-alt-click-dragging (with a brush Tool naturally) left and right should de- and increase the size, up and down should de- and increase the hardness.

• 6. Re: Some issues in CS6
                    Birthe Søjberg Level 1

Yes, ctrl-alt-rightclick works as described. Thank you for that tip.   But that doesn't change the fact that some features doesn't work on my machine.

Any idea how to find out what is wrong?