2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2013 4:05 AM by Fred K.

How can I see ACR is busy (updating the screen)

Fred K. Level 1

Hi,

I use an older PC with Win XP, PS CS6 and ACR 7.3

When I've made several modifications the pc is getting slower and slower.

I've read when ACR is working, there appears an icon like this:

www.jpg

But that is only in the beginnning when ACR is starting....so far I know.

Suggestion for next version of ACR:

Is it possible to change the mouse indicator in something like :

wwww.jpg

Why this .....than there is an visual working-indicator .....if you make little changes you can positioning the mouse on that aera .... and waiting....when the icon changes back to normal.... the screen-update is finished.......so you can better toggle between "before" and "after"

• 1. Re: How can I see ACR is busy (updating the screen)
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

I think you are misunderstanding what the icon warning is telling you...ACR shows that yellow triangle when first opening a raw image in ACR. The warning is telling you that the full raw image resolution is still being loaded into ACR. Until the warning goes away, you are only seeing a preview of the full raw data. Once the warning goes away, you are seeing the result of all of the raw image data having been loaded in. Thereafter, depending on your cpu speed, and changes should update very quickly so there is no need for a any additional warnings.

• 2. Re: How can I see ACR is busy (updating the screen)
            Fred K. Level 1

First, thanks for the answer.

Jeff Schewe wrote:

I think you are misunderstanding what the icon warning is telling you...ACR shows that yellow triangle when first opening a raw image in ACR...............

Ok I understand, the ICON was not clear to me.
            The fact remains that ACR is busy updating.

..............Thereafter, depending on your cpu speed, and changes should update very quickly so there is no need for a any additional warnings.

This second reason is not clear to me.
            In my case it takes 5-8 seconds before the screen is updated.
            But I can NOT see exactly when ACR is ready (especially with small changes), I have to guess when it's done ............

I can see something in the histogram, but not always, and it is also not synchronized (with ACR's updating) .......

And not everyone has the latest / fastest model PC ......

And another mouse icon programming is peanuts (only 1 system call, isn't it) .....

And there are more programms that have a hourglass.....

So I do not agree with this argument.

But.............Maybe there are more people with a similar problem....or have an other suggestion for it?

Other suggestion: Now ACR is updating the histogram first and after that the screen is updated.

How about to exchange those two ? ...so that the histogram is (always) the final action that ACR does when it is updating the midifications that are made.