I've tried to export in many different formats including H.264, MPEG-2, etc.
I've got two different files that I used ffmpeg to get out of an FLV file that I locally recorded on my system from X-Split. An .AVI file that I'm using for the video, and a .mp3 that's got the audio.
In Windows Explorer, both files have a length of 05:59:51. However, in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, the AVI file has the proper length of 05:59:51, but the .mp3 has a length of 06:00:41:01, which is something like 50 seconds longer than the file actually is.
When I play the preview in Adobe, the audio and video are perfectly synchronized. The audio that plays after the video ends is just a repeating segment of audio that is for the last second or two of video.
When I try to export any file of any length, the audio starts synchronized, but gets unsynchronized eventually. Maybe about .5 seconds out of sync every 15 minutes or so (just a guess).
I'm not very experienced with what I'm doing, so I'm looking for some help as to what might be going on. It was a video of a local fighting game tournament and I want to get the vods up on to youtube as soon as possible.
Thanks for any / all help
Pretty sure I solved my own problem...
The mp3 is 44khz, but in all of my exports I had it set at 48khz. At least with the H264 format, exporting it with the audio set properly at 44khz seems to have fixed my issue!
edit: I lied. Still getting some synchronizationg problems. I *think* that helped a little bit, but it's strange that it would only help a bit and not completely remove all the problems.