1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 15, 2013 9:54 AM by pmfr01

I need to create a mouse hover effect on this map?

mostheagencystudio

I need to create a mouse hover effect on this map.

Where the areas in (yellow or blue) will highlight or change color as the mouse lays on top. I have tried many things I dont seem to get it to work. Can someone help me?

Link: http://sawpm.businesscatalyst.com/plan-de-ventas.html

• 1. Re: I need to create a mouse hover effect on this map?
          pmfr01

Hi there.

You'll need to place something on top of it and play with opacity.

- Imagine you have an inverted color version of your building A in a clipped-transparent PNG - it has to be the exact size, so it fitts nicely

- Then you put that PNG on top of your map on the exact location of your building A

- Convert it to a symbol

- Inside the symbol:

- Put a trigger at 0ms and 500ms with the following code: sym.stop();

- Create an animation (with your building A image) with, say, 250ms, were it begins at 125ms with 0% opacity and at the end - 375ms - with 100% opacity. Put a label in the begining (250ms) saying mouseover and another at the end (350ms) saying mouseout

- Click on the actions  of the building A image (the one with the inverted color or something similar) and choose "mouseover". write the following code: sym.play('mouseover');

- Go to the actions again, choose "mouseout" and write the following code: sym.play('mouseout');

That's basically it.

pmfr