I need to create a mouse hover effect on this map.
Where the areas in (yellow or blue) will highlight or change color as the mouse lays on top. I have tried many things I dont seem to get it to work. Can someone help me?
You'll need to place something on top of it and play with opacity.
- Imagine you have an inverted color version of your building A in a clipped-transparent PNG - it has to be the exact size, so it fitts nicely
- Then you put that PNG on top of your map on the exact location of your building A
- Convert it to a symbol
- Inside the symbol:
- Put a trigger at 0ms and 500ms with the following code: sym.stop();
- Create an animation (with your building A image) with, say, 250ms, were it begins at 125ms with 0% opacity and at the end - 375ms - with 100% opacity. Put a label in the begining (250ms) saying mouseover and another at the end (350ms) saying mouseout
- Click on the actions of the building A image (the one with the inverted color or something similar) and choose "mouseover". write the following code: sym.play('mouseover');
- Go to the actions again, choose "mouseout" and write the following code: sym.play('mouseout');
That's basically it.