6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2013 8:30 AM by CQHondo

Delete Predefined   Templates

patK Level 1

In CQ WCM , when I create a new page , I get an option to choose Template. I created some very basic templates while playing with Component devlopment. Is there a way to delete these predefined templates ?

Where is th option to delete these predefined templates

Untitled.png\

• 1. Re: Delete Predefined   Templates
          Ove Lindström Level 4

Use CRXDE/CRXDE Lite, find the templates that you have defined, delete them.

• 2. Re: Delete Predefined   Templates
            bulan_

To remove predefined templates (Blog, Form Template) remove this paths in crxde:

/libs/collab/commons/templates/form

/libs/collab/blog/templates/page

To remove your templates:

1) Create page with template to remove (to check template path)

2) Check template path in crxde: /content/your_app/your_page/jcr:content in property cq:template

3) Remove template path (and temporary page)

• 3. Re: Delete Predefined   Templates
              Ove Lindström Level 4

I would acctually, when I think about it, use another solution. I would restrict the user/group that are to use the system from using that template or I would configure the templates I use to allow just a named set of templates using allowChildren/allowParents/allowedPaths. See http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/developing/templates.html.

• 4. Re: Delete Predefined   Templates
                CQHondo

To remove the predefined templates, blog and form template, bulan_'s solution works but it goes against the best practice of never touching anything in the /libs folder.  This is also the case of Ove's solution.

Does anyone have a different solution to restrict these predefined templates? 

• 5. Re: Delete Predefined   Templates
                  orotas Level 4

Well it may not qualify as removing them, but one way to acheive this is to put a cq:allowedTemplates property on the top node of you site heirarchy. So for example if you site is located below /content/mysite and all of your templates were located in /apps/mysite/template/ you could add a property to /content/mysite/jcr:content named cq:allowedTemplates and set it equal to /apps/mysite/templates/*. That would prevent any templates other than your custom templates from showing up. See http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/developing/templates.html#Template Availability for a more detailed review of all the factors that can influence template availabitlity. You can see the impact of this setting at play by looking at the differences when creating a new page in the various Geomettrix demo sites (most of which have the cq:allowedTemplates set at the top level).

A less prefereable solution would be to deny read access to templates in question - but that could cause other potential problems.

• 6. Re: Delete Predefined   Templates
                    CQHondo Level 1

Thank you, orotas.  This is the correct solution to the original issue. The regex needed to be adjusted, but this worked great.

So, to recap:

Add a "cq:allowedTemplates" String[] property to "/content/mysite/jcr:content" and set it to "/apps/mysite/templates/.*"