i've said all i have i think, let's do it point per point
- What version of After Effects? Include the minor version number (e.g., After Effects CS5.5 with the 10.5.1 update).
After effects cs4 32bits
- Have you installed the recent updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
- What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".
windows 7 64bits
- If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
No error, just not running
- What were you doing when the problem occurred?
front of it
- Has this ever worked before?
Nope - new PC
- What other software are you running?
adobe creative suite. i've installed CS6 after CS4. Same issue
- Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?
Not for now
- Tell us about your computer hardware. Include CPU type and number of processor cores, amount of RAM installed, GPU, number of disk drives, and how any external drives are connected.
i have 2 xeons E5-2650 proc and a firePro v7900 32Go Ram. 2 hard drives, one external.
- Do you have any third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU)?
- What is the exact sequence of steps that you are taking?
I launch after effects cs4, i have the loading round near the cursor for 2 seconds, then nothing. No splash screen, not even in the application bar.
Just in the process tab at 72Mo Ram