3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2013 12:22 PM by BreakawayPaul

Problem trying to call a web service.

BreakawayPaul Level 2

I have a CF page that needs to use user authentication from an ASP.NET machine, so I'm trying to call a web service to determine whether or not the user has been authenticated.

I'm using this code:

<cfinvoke

webservice="https://my-domain.com/SessionQueryService?wsdl"

method="UserLookupServiceService"

returnvariable="authenticated"

>

Running this returns the following error:

Unable to read WSDL from URL: https://my-domain.com/SessionQueryService?wsdl.

Error: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated.

I'm assuming this is a certiificate problem, since when I visit the ASP.NET machine via a browser, I get a certificate warning and have to add an exception.  Is my assumption correct, and is there a way around it?

• 1. Re: Problem trying to call a web service.
          BreakawayPaul Level 2

OK, so I fixed this authentication problem.  Now I'm a little closer to getting it working.  I just have to figure out how to get the session ID from the .NET server (which seems odd, because you'd think invoking the web service would create a session ID).

If anyone has any experience with this, any advice would be appreciated.

• 2. Re: Problem trying to call a web service.
            BreakawayPaul Level 2

Now I have the sesssion ID I needed, and it's on to the next point of failure.

Web service operation userLookupBySessionResponse with parameters {applicationName={xxxx},endUserIPAddress={xxxx},accessCode={xxxx},sessionId={xxxx}} cannot be found.

I've Googled and Googled, with no luck.  If I browse my web service URL I get an Axis 1.4 XML file with several entries.  I'm assuming that the "wsdl:message name=" part is what I use for my <cfinvoke> method, but I could be wrong.  I assume that because there are "wsdl:part name="s that match my invokearguments.

It seems like I'm doing everything right, yet still the message above.  I have no idea where to go from here.

• 3. Re: Problem trying to call a web service.
              BreakawayPaul Level 2

Woohoo!  Got it to work.  I was calling the wrong method.  Once I inspected the XML file more closely I realized my mistake.