• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calling WebHelp topics when source is one large MS-Word document

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported a large MS-Word document into RoboHelp 9 and then generated it in WebHelp format. If I want to point a user to the exact spot that will answer their question, is there any way I can call a specific part of this help project? The information I have seen online only pertains to calling individual help topics, only.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I appreciate it.

nankinnankin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually you use "pagination" to bust up your Word doc into smaller topic files, but I don't know how you'd get markers or some indicator in RH to show where to jump to when called.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your response. You are correct. I need to use the Pagination option on the Conversion Settings screen to break up the document based on the selected Word/RoboHelp style.

Thanks again for your help.

nankinnankin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use bookmarks and hyperlinks.  Bookmarks and references in Word will also import into RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cathynels,

Thank you for your comment. Using bookmarks and hyperlinks does get the references into RoboHelp (and the generated Word document). Using the cross-references feature did not work. This is the answer to another issue I was having.

Thanks again.

nankinnankin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cross-references should also work.  Mine do.

You have to remember when importing a Word document to check the Convert References to hyperlinks check box.

Import Word - On Import window, click Word Document Edit Conversion settings for Word documents Edit button.

Then on the Conversion Settings window, select Other Settings and check the Convert References to hyperlinks check box.

Everything should be referenced properly.  Cross-references may not show hyperlink colors or underlines unless you have them set to do that in Robohelp. But if you click the reference it should take you right to the item.  I have sets of documents and I have all my documents using this technique and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp