12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2013 4:13 AM by Studiograph RSS

Photoshop CS6 Info Palette & Adjustment Layers

bitodd

I have searched but can't find an answer to my question so I thought this may be the best place to ask.

When I am using adjustment layers in PS 13.0.3 (mountain lion), I notice that the info palette is not giving me a before and after readout of the adjustment.

e.g. I add a curves adjustment layer and remove some cyan from the highlight end, I can see on screen that cyan is removed but the info palette gives me 2 readings, both the same. This can make it difficult if I want to remove an exact amount of colour. I have the info palette is set up the same as every previous version of photoshop I have used, 1st reading actual colour, 2nd reading cmyk. I know this is a bit difficult to explain so I have included an image showing the palette, CS6 on the left and CS5 on the right, same image, same coordinates. CS5 is showing that 4% cyan has been removed, was 18% now 14%, CS6 is showing what it is now.

I work in prepress and do a lot of colour correction for books and magazines so I need to know the before & after readings. Is this a bug/feature??

Photoshop_Info_Palette.png