3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2013 2:17 PM by copper copper

AdobeRGB Color Space Not Available

copper copper

Using a Windows 7 operating sytem with PSE 10 and an Epson Artisan 1430.

Everything listed above is currently updated.

In PSE Color settings Always Optimize for Printing is selected.

When preparing to print AdobeRGB is indicated in the PSE printer driver in the Color Management window.

When I click Advanced and go to the Epson printer I choose ICM. In the Imput Profiles window the only color space available is sRGB. No AdobeRGB.

Searched for it through a combination of other settings, but no AdobeRGB. I have updated the printer driver and rebooted the computer, but still no luck.

Is this an issue with Epson or PSE?

Thank you for your time.

Copper

• 1. Re: AdobeRGB Color Space Not Available
          mytaxsite.co.uk Level 6

When preparing to print AdobeRGB is indicated in the PSE printer driver in the Color Management window.

When I click Advanced and go to the Epson printer I choose ICM. In the Imput Profiles window the only color space available is sRGB. No AdobeRGB.

where did you get this Advanced tab button?  I don't have on my machine but I have Adobe RGB as shown in this picture:

http://tinyurl.com/a2m9bk9

Please clarify.

• 2. Re: AdobeRGB Color Space Not Available
            ukgaurav Adobe Employee

When you launch File->Print under More Options you will see Color Management. There ou can select either Printer/Photoshop Manages Color and would get the list of color space/profiles yo ucan choose from.

print.png

• 3. Re: AdobeRGB Color Space Not Available
              copper copper Level 1

I looked at your attachment and get the same options. My question is

regarding the selections once I go to the Epson Printer Driver. There is

an advanced button in there where you select ICM and the colour space.

Initially I was thinking it was an Epson issue since it's in their printer

driver, but when I connect the printer to two separate computers both using

PSE 10, one gives me the option to choose sRGB or Adobe RGB and the other

computer only gives me sRGB.

The option to choose Adobe RGB exists in PSE's Colour Management area, but

it does not exist once I go into Epson's Printer driver where I would

choose other options such as Borderless / Gloss / High Speed etc.

Is there any reason you can think of why the Adobe RGB option would exist

in one computer, but not the other when I'm using the same version of PSE

in both, the same printer on both and all drivers - printer - graphics card

and PSE have been updated.

Thank you

DW