3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2015 2:38 PM by vickigh RSS

could not complete the Move command because the result would be too big

thedavisclan

trying to move a picture and I get "could not complete the Move command because the result would be too big".  It is the only layer.

• 1. Re: could not complete the Move command because the result would be too big
          99jon CommunityMVP

What type of file are you working on?

• 2. Re: could not complete the Move command because the result would be too big
            ukgaurav Adobe Employee

Seems like the file you are trying to move is really biggg!!!There is a limit of 30000 pixels on both width and height on fine and if you to File->new and create file of this size and then try to move it it would throw error.

You can just look at your file dimensions from Image->Resize->Image Size and reduce to use tht tool.

• 3. Re: could not complete the Move command because the result would be too big
              vickigh

This is for version 13.1

I am getting this error as well.  I am trying to combine an ~19,000x3600pixel photo with an ~10,000x3600 pixel photo.  I created a blank file 30,000x4000pixel to put the 2 photos together.  I paste the larger photo into the blank file and position it to the vert center and horiz left of the blank file.  I then paste the smaller picture into the new file.  It goes in at the center in its own layer as expected.  As soon as I try to move it left or right I get the above error message. I can move it ALL the way left and it will stay.

Also if I just create the blank file and paste the larger file in it and move to the right or left by just a little (say with the cursor controls or mouse but move slightly) I get the error.  If I move all the way left it stays. If I move all the way right it gives an error BUT if I select undo move and redo move it goes to the right and stays.  I tried that with the small file but could not get it to stay right.

all 3 are 72px/in