4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2013 7:33 PM by John Hawkinson

InDesign CS5 "quit unexpectedly"

Dezignamo123

InDesign CS5 "quit unexpectedly" when I try to open application on my new Mt. Lion (OS 10.8.2) Macbook Pro retina. See pasetbin post titled "Adobe Indesign CS5 crash" for report code of problem.

I do not have this problem when I launch the application on my 2008 Macbook Pro running OS 10.5.8.

Any suggestion on a resolution would be great!!

• 1. Re: InDesign CS5 "quit unexpectedly"
          John Hawkinson Level 5

if you mean http://pastebin.com/AyLqLbKy, then please just include the link. If you make us search for it, you are less likely to get help. This looks like the SING problems (search for them), but update to 7.0.4 first, please.

• 2. Re: InDesign CS5 "quit unexpectedly"
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

If it is SING, you'll want to see SING Removal

• 3. Re: InDesign CS5 "quit unexpectedly"
              Dezignamo123 Level 1

Ok. Will include Pastebin link instead (new to this). Tried removing the MarkII or Datasotre folder to the desktop - it keeps the folder in the SING folder as well (??) so it seems like it's not really removing those folders.

Also, I tried to run the Adobe 7_0_4 patch, but it says it's from an unidentified developer. How do I change my security preferences (using Firefox) to allow the installation?

Thank you for your quick reply on this issue.

Sincerely,

Mary Leigh

• 4. Re: InDesign CS5 "quit unexpectedly"
                John Hawkinson Level 5

Hi, Mary Leigh.

Each post goes to all people who reply, so there is no need to reply to individuals. I've deleted your second reply as it duplicated your first.

Tried removing the MarkII or Datasotre folder to the desktop - it keeps the folder in the SING folder as well (??) so it seems like it's not really removing those folders.

Are you logged in as an administrative user? If so, try dragging it to the trash explicitly, rather than just moving it to the desktop.

Also, I tried to run the Adobe 7_0_4 patch, but it says it's from an unidentified developer. How do I change my security preferences (using Firefox) to allow the installation?

My assumption would be that this is a Mountain Lion issue.

Try System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Allow applications downaloded from: Anywhere.

This shouldn't have much to do with Firefox (which just downloads the image), but rather with your operating system's security settings. Mountain Lion is a lot more strict about these things.