Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp HTML 9.0.2.271

Word 2010 - documents hosted on SharePoint 2007

Windows 7 OS

Published in a merged Help project

Each time i generate a project one or more of the toc links do not expand when clicked.

The links which dont work change randomly.

Aboslutely no idea why this happens. Each of them have worked at some time or other but often not all completely.

I have spent the last two days generating and regenrating a project with tow linked word documents and each time the same issue recurs.

Any ideas how to resolve this ?

No errors show in the Errors list

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

I was thinking about Linked documents as in File > Link but I see you mean URLs in your TOC.

I cannot readily think of any reason for them to randomly break. Try deleting the CPD files for the projects and then regenerating them.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if those TOC items are in your main TOC and you have updated the document. That could break them.

Could changes in the document be the answer?

Do you have this problem before you put the output on Sharepoint?

Are you generating locally and then publishing to Sharepoint or generating directly to Sharepoint?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated the TOcs in the orginal documents to be sure and refreshed and regenerated the project but the problem still persists.

The bad links change randonmly each time.

Not generating to sharepoint. Just linking documents tot he project from sharepoint.

Generating the Help output locally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking about Linked documents as in File > Link but I see you mean URLs in your TOC.

I cannot readily think of any reason for them to randomly break. Try deleting the CPD files for the projects and then regenerating them.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, that did the job!

Forgot about deleting the CPD file as an option.

Sorry, i wasnt clear about what i was refering to

Incidentally, the  CPD prior to delting was  2440kb and the new one is  roughly half the size 1240kb so i presume this file can gather and retains alsorts of obsolete or conflicting data causing these types of issues.

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed it does retain obsolete information but blame Microsoft for that. Item 15 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#robohtml explains it in more detail.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp