3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2013 12:24 PM by Ned Murphy

How do i make an entire layer linkable?

DevilUrd Level 1

Hello guys

I have a very big animation with around 33 layers. Each layer goes on for around 50frames (using 10FPS) and they all have different content.

I would like to add a link to each layer, but so far i've only sucedeed in linking a single frame in each layer... Would like to know if it's possible to make the entire duration of the layer linkable.

Also, since there are so many layers, is it possible to make buttons that on click jump to the next/previous layer?

Ty in advance

• 1. Re: How do i make an entire layer linkable?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Layers are not Flash objects so you cannot link them.  You can link what they contain.  If you want to li8nk all of what is in a layer then you need to create it as a movieclip wherein the 50 frames it is comprised of are internal to the movieclip, on the movieclip's timeline.

I don't know what you mean as far as wanting to be able to have buttons that bring you from one layer to another.  Layers are parallel entities so if you are in a timeline, you are in all of its layers simultaneously

• 2. Re: How do i make an entire layer linkable?
            DevilUrd Level 1

Well, all layers have text that have been transformed into movieclips already.. So i need to add the link to the movieclip?

Also, the button i was refering was to jump to the next movieclip (and hence the next layer, since there's a movieclip per layer)..

Did that made any sense?

• 3. Re: How do i make an entire layer linkable?
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I can only guess, yes... you need to add whatever you are calling a link to the movieclip that conatins the timeline/layer you speak of. 

You cannot navigate layers, only frames.  You will need your movieclips to be placed on different frames if you want to go from one to another without them sharing space.

1 person found this helpful