4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2013 3:38 PM by RR Farm

File information in Elements 9

RR Farm

I can see file info from my D200 in ViewNX2.  After I convert the NEF file to JPEG, I can still see the file information.  However, when I look at it in PSE9, the window comes up but there's nothing in it.  In order to close the window, I have to use excape.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  Thank you.

• 1. Re: File information in Elements 9
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Which window comes up? Properties in Organizer or File Info in Full Edit?

When you click convert files in NX2 check your settings and ensure that Remove XMP/IPTC is not marked.

• 2. Re: File information in Elements 9
            RR Farm Level 1

Hi,

File Info in Full Edit, I don't use the Organizer.  I don't have the Remove XMP marked.  The window opens, but it's completely blank.  I can still see the information in ViewNX2, but it's a little annoying to go back and forth.  I was wondering if it's because PSE9 doesn't work with the camera, My D40x information works fine in there, the D200 doesn't.  Thanks again!!

• 3. Re: File information in Elements 9
              99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I’m not sure. Did NX2 come with the D200? Have you tried opening a NEF. Is that the same?

• 4. Re: File information in Elements 9
                RR Farm Level 1

No, I bought it used last month.  I downloaded NX2 'cause it was a lot faster to use instead opening NEF's with PSE.  I googled this several times, I guess it's just me having the problem.  The informatoin is still in the file after I edit it with PSE, but I can never access it.  I can live with this method, I was hoping for something easier, oh well!!  Thank you for your help!!