9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2013 4:02 PM by shooternz

I can hear TimeCode tumbling

LeBeauStudio

I am using Ppro CS6.  I have my audio coming out of the back of my new MAC PRO, going into an audio board.

When I have my headphones on, I can hear the timecode effect that I have added onto a transparernt video file.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: I can hear TimeCode tumbling
          shooternz Level 6

Try lowering the opacity on the TC Effect,

• 2. Re: I can hear TimeCode tumbling
            Jim_Simon Level 8

How do 'hear' a video signal?  (And what does it sound like?)

• 3. Re: I can hear TimeCode tumbling
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Here, does Opacity translate to Gain in Audio?

Hunt

• 4. Re: I can hear TimeCode tumbling
                shooternz Level 6

It was a wild shot (mainly at being seen as a genius)

I have read that a high video signal can overlap into the audio bandwidth.

Those were broadcast issues and most likely analog as well but...you never know.

• 5. Re: I can hear TimeCode tumbling
                  LeBeauStudio Level 1

Y'all think I'm crazy I know:-) I am away from the system, but tomorrow I will lower the opacity on the transparent video layer that has the time code generator effect on it. Not sure if you are joking or not, but I will give it a try just to amuse myself.

I am also getting some kind of interfearance from my mouse which is wireless with the new Mac Pros. When I scroll, or "hide" programs with the gene effect, I can actually hear a buzz that coincides with the mouse effects. 

As for how it sounds, it sounds like a very fast low fluttering noise that seems to be in sync with the frames tumbling. And the fluttering stops when I stop the playback.

Is it possible that I am hearing my hard drive spinning as it is reading video? Again I am using my headphones connected to a Mackie audio board that is getting audio from the audio output from the back of the Mac Pro.

I am looking for another solution to get better audio. I had a Kona 3 card in my other Mac Pro, but it doesn't seem to fit in the new box.  Going to try that again as well.

Picture 5.png

• 6. Re: I can hear TimeCode tumbling
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

If the Opacity DOES affect the Audio, please report, and then I will apologize to Craig.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: I can hear TimeCode tumbling
                      Jim_Simon Level 8
                      I have read that a high video signal can overlap into the audio bandwidth.

On analog tape maybe, when they were stored right next to each other (or even overlapped with Hi-Fi audio).  In the digital world, I'm not sure that's possible.

• 8. Re: I can hear TimeCode tumbling
                        LeBeauStudio Level 1

Well, it is NOT timecode.  I think I am getting some interferance coming thru my audio output or something.

https://vimeo.com/57687937

I boosted the audio so you can hear it.

I am a little OCD about this so this, so I probably will stop and get some real work done!

• 9. Re: I can hear TimeCode tumbling
                          shooternz Level 6

On analog tape maybe, when they were stored right next to each other (or even overlapped with Hi-Fi audio).  In the digital world, I'm not sure that's possible.

Yes it was in the analog world as I stated ...but in the Digital World of broadcast...there is still a definite reason why legalisation of video is done and enforced rigidly.  More so than the analog days in fact. 

Luminance and Chroma levels are strictly enforced so the bandwidths are protected.

For example...I never use a 255 white fill on a graphic or title.  That will clip and can  result in QC rejection.

I am not sure what the effect is if they were not though and if it impacts on audio bandwidth at all.