• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot install Adobe PhotoDeluxe 3.0 on Windows 8, why??

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot install Adobe Phot Deluxe 3.0 on Windows 8, why??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Thank you all fo your Responses But Nothing seems to work ( Tried all Compatability Settings and Nothing).

So It's time to say goodbye to a great old program.

Again thanks for all your help

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know; "cannot" does not mean anything to me.

Most likely this software is too old, and not compatible with Windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Pat said - it's simply too old and not compatible.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you receiving a specific error message when you try to install?

As Mylenium and Pat have both stated it is quite possible that it will not be compatible.  It appears that Windows 2000 was the latest operating system this application was designed to function under.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that seems strange as I had no Problems loading on one of my laptops (windows 7 with upgrade to windows 8 pro),

But I bought a new Laptop with Windows 8 installed and it tells me that it wont run on this Program.

Can You Explain why the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try Pat's suggestion of using compatibility mode?  Adobe Photo Deluxe is an older application.  It was designed to run under Windows NT, 98, or 95.  You may want to attempt to use compatibility modes which are appropriate.

You may also want to consider evaluating Photoshop Elements 11 which has been designed and tested for Windows 8.  You can find more details plus a free 30 day trial at http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response,

I think I know why there is a difference The old Laptop was 32Bit and the new one is 64Bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

32-bit software should have no problems to run on a 64-bit operating system, but you may need to run it in Windows 2000 Compatibility Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to change Compatability to Windows 2000 that option doesn't appear, It gives a Choice of XP (all sp's) and The Next Is Vista and so on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose the latest SP of XP under compatibility list. Even then your application should install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all fo your Responses But Nothing seems to work ( Tried all Compatability Settings and Nothing).

So It's time to say goodbye to a great old program.

Again thanks for all your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran PD 4.1 on Win7, Win 8.0. Win 8.1 and now on Win 10.

You use Compatability mode and Run as Administrator.

The one problem it has is that it hangs if you have a browser running simultaneously.

So, start PD first then, if you need to, start your browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines