1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 17, 2013 10:37 PM by Mylenium

Advise me on my Kinetic Typography Video

Mod.Yoyo Level 1

I want to make a motion-typography video with a lot of zoom-outs.  I'll be using cameras to accomplish this.

Should I make a huge composition to start and use that?  Can I output it at 720p if I do so?  Do you think I should just scale the text down, instead?  Will that look the same?

I realize it might be hard for you guys to understand what I'm saying.  If you have any questions, or if you want to post examples for me to confirm if that's the effect I want, feel free to ask/post.

Thanks for the time.

Yoyo

• 1. Re: Advise me on my Kinetic Typography Video
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Nobody can know without seeing your text laid out. A lot of "zooming" is simply some sort of scaling the text. Both methods have their uses, but we really cannot know. That aside, even if you work with cameras, there is no need to work with excessively large comps. That's what continuously rasterize and the 3D switch are for. Likewise, you would simply disguise transitions by using identical pre-comps, layers and keyframes in multiple comps and then stitching them together. Again, merely a matter of your layout and overall project structure.

Mylenium