I don't do Mac, but answering the questions in the Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840 might help someone help you
Also, some saved Mac discussions... I don't know if they will help, but at least reading is free
Mac and Root User http://forums.adobe.com/thread/879931
Mac and Playback http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/842/cpsid_84287.html
Mac and 2 Monitors http://forums.adobe.com/thread/876566
Mac & nVidia Driver http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1075592
- What version of Premiere Pro? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Pro CS5.5 with the 5.5.2 update).
- Have you installed the recent updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
Up to date
- What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".
- What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".
Can't get this far.
- If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
"Sorry, a serious error occured that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project."
- What were you doing when the problem occurred?
This happens if I try to create a new project or open and existing project.
- Has this ever worked before?
I have been able to create or open a project in the past.
- What other software are you running?
I have Firefox open.
- Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?
I also use Protools on this machine so I have many audio effects installed (too many to list). I also have FxFactory installed.
- Tell us about your computer hardware. Be especially certain to tell us about third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU).
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM. I'm using the internal HD. No third party.
- Are you using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration?
I've tried to create projects with and without this running.
- Does the problem only happen with your final output, with previews, or both?
Neither. Problem occurs when I try to open an existing project or create a new project.