2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2013 6:57 AM by elvideo123

Can't get cfcalendar control work client side to selectedDate with JavaScript

elvideo123

I am not sure why this is happening, I have a function where I am passing a date value, and I've seen it while displaying it and in alerts.  So it comes across such as this 01/22/2013.

I am trying to get the cfCalendar control I have to select the date but I can't seem to reference the property...

Simple control defined in the form:

<cfcalendar name="calDisplay" 

selectedDate="#SelDate#"     

mask="mmm dd, yyyy"

dayNames="Su,M,Tu,W,Th,Fr,Sa"

monthNames="JAN, FEB, MAR, APR, MAY, JUN, JUL, AUG, SEP, OCT, NOV, DEC"

style="rollOverColor:##FF0000"        

width="150" height="150" id="calDisplay"  >

here's the javascript the parameter is being passed correctly this I have verified:

function edit_Item(st_Date)

{

document.getElementById('calDisplay').value = stDate;  //doesn't work

document.getElementById('calDisplay').value = Date(stDate); //doesn't work

document.getElementById('calDisplay').selectedDate= stDate; //doesn't work

document.getElementById('calDisplay').select(stDate);  //doesn't work

}

This has to be a real simple thing to do I am sure it's 2 lines of code, but the calendar will not highlight the date I am passing and select it.  I am not sure what to do.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.  I am trying to do this client side with the control I hope this is possible.

Thanks,

- E