4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2013 7:21 AM by Peter Spier

using LR4 with InDesign

toorg

I use Lightroom 4 for almost all of my phorographic work. How do I get an image from LR$ linked into an InDesign document by using the Place command?

• 1. Re: using LR4 with InDesign
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Save it as JPG or TIF.

Bob

• 2. Re: using LR4 with InDesign
            peter minneapolis Level 4

toorg wrote:

I use Lightroom 4 for almost all of my phorographic work. How do I get an image from LR$ linked into an InDesign document by using the Place command?

Working on images in Lightroom is "indirect." That is, all the operations you perform on an image are saved in a Lightroom catalog, but the imported original image is unchanged. There's a default catalog and location, and users can create additional catalogs. The imported original images are saved in a default location, or the user can specify a location. If you place the imported original image directly from the location where it was imported, you'll get the unedited version. To get the edited image for placing into InDesign, you need to export it.

Search Google for terms like "default default location of lightroom 4 images," "default default location of lightroom 4 catalog," and "exporting images from lightroom 4," without quotes, for details.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

• 3. Re: using LR4 with InDesign
              toorg Level 1

Thanks a million

• 4. Re: using LR4 with InDesign
                Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Please delete your personal info when replying by email.