13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2013 12:48 PM by Ann Bens

How to restore color correction workspace

Jeanmatu Level 1

I was trying to use the color correction (CC) workspace in Prem Pre6.0.3. The (CC) workspace lockup up on me for some unknown reason. To get out of this workspace I had to delete it. Naturally, now I don't have the (CC) workspace. How do I restore this workspace. My computer works fine. It is an ADK Corei7 with 32G Ram. The video card is GeForce GTX680.  Thank you for your help. Jean

• 1. Re: How to restore color correction workspace
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Window/Workspace/Color Correction, if its all a mess Reset Current Workspace.

• 2. Re: How to restore color correction workspace
            Jeanmatu Level 1

Thanks for your reply. When I click on workspace;  the drop down menu appears, but  there is no color correction workspace to choose?

• 3. Re: How to restore color correction workspace

This is what you are supposed to see.

workspace.png

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How to restore color correction workspace
                Jeanmatu Level 1

Thank you Ann...What I see in my drop down menu is the following:   Audio

Editing

Editing (CS5.5)

Effects

Jeannetry1 ( my attempt at an editing workspace)

Metalogging

New Workspace

Delete Workspace

Reset Workspace

Import workspace from Project

There is no color correction listed.  When the computer locked up, the only way I could get out of the workspace was to delete it.  So now there is no color correction workspace listed. Any suggestions are appreciated! Jean

• 5. Re: How to restore color correction workspace
                  Jim_Simon Level 8

Well, that's why it's gone.  You can always create one and call it Color Correction.

• 6. Re: How to restore color correction workspace

The only way to get it back is to re-install.

But like Jim says, you can make up your own CC-space.

• 7. Re: How to restore color correction workspace
                      Jeanmatu Level 1

I guess the original workspaces provided by Adobe are not protected from people like me, who get locked up in the workspace and must delete to get out. So, to generate my own CC workspace, where do I find the Reference Monitor window and its associated buttons? The other windows I can move around and place in a good location for processing the corrections. 

Is there any possibility that when Adobe PP has its next update, that the update will generaate a new CC workspace?  Jean

• 8. Re: How to restore color correction workspace
                        Jim_Simon Level 8

All windows can be found in the Windows menu.

I don't believe an update will restore this.

• 9. Re: How to restore color correction workspace

where do I find the Reference Monitor window and its associated buttons?

Look at the screendump

• 10. Re: How to restore color correction workspace
                            shooternz Level 6

Look at Anns screen grab and note all the Window options in the left hand column.

Open the ones you want, arrange them in "your workspace"..then save it as "Your CC Workspace"

• 11. Re: How to restore color correction workspace
                              Jeanmatu Level 1

OK, Thanks everyone. Tomorrow I will try to set up another workspace window for CC.  I can see the items I want in Ann's screen grab. If I have any questions, I'll return to this question. Again, Thanks everyone.  Jean

• 12. Re: How to restore color correction workspace
                                Jeanmatu Level 1

OK, successfully regenerated a workspace for my color corrections.  Thanks everyone for your help. Jean

• 13. Re: How to restore color correction workspace

Glad you got that sorted.