2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2013 12:56 PM by danbrowninkt

Flickr Server Error - HTTP Status 500 - how to fix?

danbrowninkt

Hi,

Just upgraded to Photoshop Elements 11 on a x64 Dell running Win7. When trying to share photos using Flickr (which worked previously), I get the following:

FLickr Error.png

Any idea what I can do to fix this? I've tried resetting accounts in Adobe Partner Services, Clearing Online Service Data, and refreshing the list of services - but makes no difference.

Any help very much appreciated,

Dan.

(Here's the text from the above, for search engines to chew on:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException org.apache.jsp.csp.error_jsp._jspService(error_jsp.java:197) org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:377) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) com.adobe.ols.service.pseflickr.SessionFilter.doFilter(SessionFilter.java:80) com.adobe.ols.service.pseflickr.NoCacheFilter.doFilter(NoCacheFilter.java:56) com.adobe.ols.service.pseflickr.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:48) 

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.28 logs.

• 1. Re: Flickr Server Error - HTTP Status 500 - how to fix?
          mytaxsite.co.uk Level 6

The HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a server-side error, meaning the problem probably isn't with your computer or Internet connection but instead is a problem with the web site's server.  However, you could try clearing the web browser cache from your machine and then see if it starts to work again.  How to clear the website cache is different with different web browsers but please post back so that we can tell you how to do this with your specific browser.

Good luck.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Flickr Server Error - HTTP Status 500 - how to fix?
            danbrowninkt Level 1

Hi,

Thanks - I've cleared my browser cache, and tried all the other things available here too, a couple of days ago:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403064.html

When I tried it, it made no difference. Ironically, just using the Flickr service today 'just works'. Server side, as you say, so maybe something got restarted / fixed?

Given the entire forum web site wasn't accessible yesterday (and that appears to run on Tomcat, too) - perhaps the restart of the one is linked with the restart of the other.

Anyhow - problem solved - thanks for your support!

Dan.