2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2013 7:05 AM by Bruce_H007

PSE10 Outlook 2013 - Photo Mail can't find email association

Bruce_H007

I have Win 8 64-Bit (upgraded from Win 7 64-bit), Outlook 2013 (preview installed over Ourlook 2010) and PSE 10.

When I try use the Share > Photo Mail I get an error message:

"There is no email program associated to perform requsted action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

After I hit ok on the windows looking message box, I get a message in PSE:

"Elements Organiser could not Finish creating your email Message.

Please make sure that Microsoft Outlook is selected as the default email program in the Windows Internet Control Panel, and that all dialog boxes in Outlook are closed. If  this is the first time you are using Microsoft Outlook, please run the Outlook applicaiton and complete its set-up process before sending mail through Elements Organiser.

Alternatively, you can use the Adobe Email Service via the Elements Organiser Preferences Dialog.

I have Elements preferences pointing to Outlook. When I switch the sharing preference to Windows mail, I get:

"Elements Organiser could not Finish creating your email Message.

Alternatively, you can use the Adobe Email Service via the Elements Organiser Preferences Dialog."

I have checked the default programs, and Outlook 2013 has all associated file type and protocols pointed to it. (an dre-booted PC after resetting defaults)

So either:

- I am mising a fix relating to upgrading Win 7 64-bit with PSE10 to Win 8 64-bit or

- PSE is looking for a particular protocol in the program defaults like MAILTO (but not this one as this is pointed to outlook) that is missing.

Anyone o know of a fix or what protocol it is looking for?

• 1. Re: PSE10 Outlook 2013 - Photo Mail can't find email association
          Bruce_H007 Level 1

I re-installed Outlook 2010 (it was not totoally removed, just removed through Office 2010 setup), and this now works fine, even though Outlook 2013 is the default program.

So could be Windows 8 issue, there is only one outlook referenced in default programs althgouh two instalkled and working on PC.

Of could be PSE10 can't work with Outlook 2013 yet.

• 2. Re: PSE10 Outlook 2013 - Photo Mail can't find email association
            Bruce_H007 Level 1

Well, the problem seems to have been cured. Not really clear what changed.

But using the Photo Mail or Email Attachment (with Outlook 2013 open), and the email appears as Outlook new email, and good to send.

Two mentionable things happened:

I have Outlook 2010 open and tried to open 2013. Error -another outlook already open. Cleared error, closed O2010 and opened 2013.

The first one that worked, I was actually busy compiling a separate email, so that new mail was open.

When I complile in PSE, I don't select a recipient. Do that in the outlook new email window. (tried with selecting, still works, bt worth a mention)

So the good news, PSE10 works with Outlook 2013.

But not sure how to get past the problem I had, but keep trying, it will work.