Have you manually gone to Windows Update and ensured you installed even the updates that don't install automatically?
What is the model number of your video card? Have you gone to the ATI or nVidia sites and downloaded the latest version? (People always brush off this suggestion, but it does fix this more often than not!)
You do not describe your computer, so this MAY not apply to you
Dual video laptop problems
-link to why http://forums.adobe.com/message/4685328
-HP Fingerprint/Password conflict http://forums.adobe.com/thread/911575
-Mac Utility http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1017891?tstart=0
These questions below may be for a different product... but the information you need to supply is the same, for the products you use
More information needed for someone to help... please click these links and provide the requested information
-Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840
- What version of Premiere Pro? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Pro CS5.5 with the 5.5.2 update).
Premiere Elements 10
- Have you installed the recent updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
- What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".
Windows 7 AMD dual-core processor
AMD Radeon HD 6310 display driver
- What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".
MVI files from camera -- all worked fine in PE10 until today - same files play fine in other players
- If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
- What were you doing when the problem occurred?
Starting up PE10
- Has this ever worked before?
Yes, always until today.
- What other software are you running?
- Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?
- Tell us about your computer hardware. Be especially certain to tell us about third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU).
I'm not techie and don't know what this means - I don't have anything mentioned in brackets
- Are you using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration?
- Does the problem only happen with your final output, with previews, or both?
Error message above happens during startup
PE10 now loads really slowly (5 minutes)
Playback in project gives white screen instead of video. Audio is fine.
Go back to http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements and type
incompatible display driver
in the line just below Ask a Question to read other discussions
You may need to click See More Results below the 1st listing to find a discussion that helps
I found a file called baddrivers.txt in a (normally hidden) Adobe program directory and deleted it. That solved the problem.
This file resides in a directory that does not get overwritten when uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere, which is aggravating. It also does not get deleted when a driver problem is temporary. Another flaw, if you ask me.
Thank you for your responses.