14 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2013 8:55 AM by dexpetkovic

CRXDE Unable to connect to repository

Kristian Wright

Hello all,

I'm having trouble connecting CRXDE to my CQ5.5 repository with a particular server configuration.  When trying to login/connect to my server, I get the following messages popup from the CRXDE app:

"Error initializing workspace: No file system is defined for scheme: jcr"

Whe I click this away, another popup appear with:

"An error has occurred.  See the log file D:\users\kristian\.crxde\.metadata\.log."

After clicking that message away, CRXDE closes.

The output of the log file is:

!SESSION 2013-01-20 11:06:21.994 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.7.0_07

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_AU

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2013-01-20 11:06:55.166

!MESSAGE Application error

!STACK 1

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:121)

at com.day.cq.ide.CQDEApplication.start(CQDEApplication.java:62)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLau ncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.jav a:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)

Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: No file system is defined for scheme: jcr

at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.Policy.error(Policy.java:55)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.Policy.error(Policy.java:50)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.InternalFileSystemCore.getFileSystem(InternalFileSys temCore.java:65)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.InternalFileSystemCore.getStore(InternalFileSystemCo re.java:107)

at org.eclipse.core.filesystem.EFS.getStore(EFS.java:350)

at com.day.cq.ide.fs.JCRFileSystemPlugin.registerExtensions(JCRFileSystemPlugin.java:100)

at com.day.cq.ide.init.SetupWorkspaceOperation.initWorkspace(SetupWorkspaceOperation.java:16 6)

at com.day.cq.ide.init.SetupWorkspaceOperation.execute(SetupWorkspaceOperation.java:119)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:106)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1800)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:118)

... 14 more

Root exception:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: No file system is defined for scheme: jcr

at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.Policy.error(Policy.java:55)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.Policy.error(Policy.java:50)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.InternalFileSystemCore.getFileSystem(InternalFileSys temCore.java:65)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.InternalFileSystemCore.getStore(InternalFileSystemCo re.java:107)

at com.day.cq.ide.fs.JCRFileSystemPlugin.registerExtensions(JCRFileSystemPlugin.java:100)

at com.day.cq.ide.init.SetupWorkspaceOperation.initWorkspace(SetupWorkspaceOperation.java:16 6)

at com.day.cq.ide.init.SetupWorkspaceOperation.execute(SetupWorkspaceOperation.java:119)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:106)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:118)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLau ncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.jav a:79)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)

The error.log on the CQ5 instance outputs the following when trying to connect:

20.01.2013 11:47:04.232 *WARN* [123.456.789.012 [1358642824230] GET /bin/crxde.classpath.xml HTTP/1.1] com.day.crx.ide.CRXDEServlet bundle location is not an URI: System Bundle

20.01.2013 11:47:04.235 *INFO* [123.456.789.012 [1358642824230] GET /bin/crxde.classpath.xml HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.AbstractBundlePersistenceManager cachename=crx.defaultBundleCache[ConcurrentCache@2f202573], elements=2476, usedmemorykb=8188, maxmemorykb=8192, access=5024501, miss=864065

I know my CRXDE app is functional, as it does connect to a localhost instance, and also other remote instances.  Also, I get the same results from this server running CRXDE from different conputers with different Java versions.  So I have the feeling that my server setup here may have something to do with it, and I might need to tweak some OSGI settings somewhere, but I'm not sure what...

I use an Apache server as a gateway to my CQ5 servers.  The Apache server takes https requests (on 443, or 80 which auto-redirects to 443) and then uses a Reverse Proxy to send the traffic to the required CQ5 server based on the host name.  So https://mycq5auth.company.com hits my Apache server on port 443, and Apache then sends the traffic to an internal (non internet facing) CQ5 author server on port 4502.  CQ5 does it's thing, sends the traffic back to Apache, which then serves it back out on 443.

All of this works great in the browser - the entire CQ5 instance works, including the OSGI console, CRXDE Lite etc - everything.  Only the CRXDE app seems to be having issues with this config.

I've had a google around for solutions, but I haven't come across too much regarding these errors.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I might try to resolve this?

Thanks,

K

• 1. Re: CRXDE Unable to connect to repository
          Krishna Kancherla

Delete .crxde folder under "D:\users\kristian\" and try once.

• 2. Re: CRXDE Unable to connect to repository
            Kristian Wright Level 1

Hi Krishna,

I've had a problem in the past where CRXDE would not connect to a CQ5 instance at all, and deleting the .crxde folder did solve that issue.  Unfortunatelty deleting that folder does not work in this case.  With this particular issue, CRXDE does connect with the CQ5 server, but it errors when it does.

• 3. Re: CRXDE Unable to connect to repository
              Kristian Wright Level 1

I discovered the problem - it was in my Apache Virtualhost configuration.

When using a standard http connection, CRXDE had no problem with the ProxyPreserveHost directive being set to on.  But with the https connection, having this set causes the above issue with CRXDE.  After removing that directive from the secure virtualhost, then CRXDE connects to the repo correctly.

Hope this helps someone!

Cheers,

K

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: CRXDE Unable to connect to repository
                Kristian Wright Level 1

I spoke too soon...

The setting of ProxyPreserveHost to 'off' allows CRXDE to connect to the repo, but then any POSTs to the site get 403 rejected.  This includes logging in, so with ProxyPreserveHost On I can use the website normally, but CRXDE won't connect, but with ProxyPreserveHost Off CRXDE can connect but I can login (or do any other post) to the server.  I'm going directly to the author instance, so there's no dispatcher involved here.

I'll keep looking at it and when I find a suitable config I'll post it here.

K

• 5. Re: CRXDE Unable to connect to repository
                  Ove Lindström Level 4

What version of CRXDE are you running? I've seen this behaviour using CRXDE 1.0.1 with CQ5.5 but using CRXDE 1.0.2 solved it.

• 6. Re: CRXDE Unable to connect to repository
                    Kristian Wright Level 1

Hi Ove,

I know I've run 1.0.1 in the past, so I just reinstalled 1.0.2 again on a new machine to make sure.  Exactly the same issues above:

http - connects ok

https (ProxyPreserveHost On) - fails to connect with error

https (ProxyPreserveHost On commented out) - connects, but all other POST to server fail with 403 errors

• 7. Re: CRXDE Unable to connect to repository
                      pratap_121

Hello all,

I'm also having trouble connecting CRXDE to my CQ5.5 repository with weblogic server.  When trying to login/connect to my server, I get the same messages popup from the CRXDE app.

I am using this url during repositiory login : http://localhost:7001/cq-author

Anyone have any suggestions on what I might try to resolve this?

Regards

Pratap

• 8. Re: CRXDE Unable to connect to repository
                        Kristian Wright Level 1

Hi Pratep,

I've not run CQ5.5 on top of WebLogic so far, so I'm not sure what might be happening here.  Can you connect from another machine (not localhost)?  Also, what is the exact error message you are getting from either CRXDE or any of the CQ5 logs?

• 9. Re: CRXDE Unable to connect to repository
                          pratap_121 Level 1

Hi,

I tried to connect with other machine also instead on localhost. But the sam msg is coming.

It gives pop up saying:

"Error initializing workspace:Plugi-in "com.day.cq.ide.fs" was unable to instantiate class " com.day.cq.ide.fs.jcr.JCRFileSystem". "

an error has occured. See the log file

C:\Users\prataps\.crxde\.metadata\.log.

And in the log file the error is :

eclipse.buildId=unknown
                          java.version=1.6.0_29
                          java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
                          BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
                          Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2013-02-01 17:33:09.435
                          !MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2013-02-01 17:42:38.077

!MESSAGE Application error

!STACK 1

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:121)

Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in "com.day.cq.ide.fs" was unable to instantiate class "com.day.cq.ide.fs.jcr.JCRFileSystem".

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrat egyOSGI.java:180)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(Re gistryStrategyOSGI.java:172)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionR egistry.java:874)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(Configu rationElement.java:243)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(C onfigurationElementHandle.java:51)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.InternalFileSystemCore.getFileSystem(InternalFileSys temCore.java:70)

... 13 more

Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Repository Error

at com.day.cq.ide.util.plugin.Policy.throwError(Policy.java:37)

at com.day.cq.ide.fs.jcr.JCRFileSystem.<init>(JCRFileSystem.java:88)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(Re gistryStrategyOSGI.java:170)

... 25 more

Caused by: javax.jcr.ItemNotFoundException: Not Found

at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.ExceptionConverter.generate(ExceptionConverter.java:100)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.ExceptionConverter.generate(ExceptionConverter.java:51)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.ExceptionConverter.generate(ExceptionConverter.java:45)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.RepositoryServiceImpl.getRepositoryDescriptors(RepositorySe rviceImpl.java:560)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:82)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:95)

at com.day.crx.jcr.client.Client.getRepository(Client.java:206)

at com.day.cq.ide.fs.jcr.JCRFileSystem.<init>(JCRFileSystem.java:66)

... 32 more

Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.DavException: Not Found

at org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.client.methods.DavMethodBase.getResponseException(DavMethodB ase.java:165)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.client.methods.DavMethodBase.checkSuccess(DavMethodBase.java :174)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.RepositoryServiceImpl.getRepositoryDescriptors(RepositorySe rviceImpl.java:530)

... 36 more

Root exception:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in "com.day.cq.ide.fs" was unable to instantiate class "com.day.cq.ide.fs.jcr.JCRFileSystem".

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrat egyOSGI.java:180)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(Re gistryStrategyOSGI.java:172)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionR egistry.java:874)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(Configu rationElement.java:243)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(C onfigurationElementHandle.java:51)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.InternalFileSystemCore.getFileSystem(InternalFileSys temCore.java:70)

Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Repository Error

at com.day.cq.ide.util.plugin.Policy.throwError(Policy.java:37)

at com.day.cq.ide.fs.jcr.JCRFileSystem.<init>(JCRFileSystem.java:88)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(Re gistryStrategyOSGI.java:170)

... 25 more

Caused by: javax.jcr.ItemNotFoundException: Not Found

at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.ExceptionConverter.generate(ExceptionConverter.java:100)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.ExceptionConverter.generate(ExceptionConverter.java:51)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.ExceptionConverter.generate(ExceptionConverter.java:45)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.RepositoryServiceImpl.getRepositoryDescriptors(RepositorySe rviceImpl.java:560)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:82)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:95)

at com.day.crx.jcr.client.Client.getRepository(Client.java:206)

at com.day.cq.ide.fs.jcr.JCRFileSystem.<init>(JCRFileSystem.java:66)

... 32 more

Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.DavException: Not Found

at org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.client.methods.DavMethodBase.getResponseException(DavMethodB ase.java:165)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.client.methods.DavMethodBase.checkSuccess(DavMethodBase.java :174)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.RepositoryServiceImpl.getRepositoryDescriptors(RepositorySe rviceImpl.java:530)

... 36 more

Regards

Pratap

• 10. Re: CRXDE Unable to connect to repository
                            Kristian Wright Level 1

I was wondering if anyone from Adobe had thoughts on this - it seems it's not an isolated incident...

K

• 11. Re: CRXDE Unable to connect to repository
                              Kristian Wright Level 1

Does anyone know of any documentation regarding what Apache modules can and can't be used with CQ5, or other Apache / CQ5 config details?  I'm not meaning anything dispatcher related, but just accessing CQ5 via Apache.

Any shove in the right direction would be appreciated.

Cheers,

K

• 12. Re: CRXDE Unable to connect to repository
                                Tim Goodman Level 1

The same error occured in CRXDE which ships with LiveCycle ES4

The solution was:

1. open web console: http://127.0.0.1:8080/lc/system/console/configMgr
                                2. menu OSGi -> Configuration
                                3. find end open CRXDE Servlet
                                4. change URL from /crx/server to /lc/crx/server

Not sure if this gives any pointers for your server....

• 13. Re: CRXDE Unable to connect to repository
                                  Kristian Wright Level 1

Hi Tim,

Same symptoms, but different problem I think.  From what I've seen of ES4, the CRX repository has been moved under a /lc folder, which is different to the standard CQ CRX location.  I checked the OSGi setting to see if I could set the protocol to https (which is my issue), but it only allows changing of the path, not the protocol.  I'll keep digging - maybe there's another config setting that I'm missing...

Cheers,

K

• 14. Re: CRXDE Unable to connect to repository
                                    dexpetkovic

Hello Gents, has there been any resolution on the 403s from the CQ5?