• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Activate my Creative Cloud Subscription -- SERIOUS HELP NEEDED!!!

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past 3 weeks, I've been trying to activate my Creative Cloud subscription (placed my Creative Cloud order on 12/29/12).  Like others, it appears that I’m trapped in perpetual "trial mode" status.  When I try to activate my subscription -- I click the “register product” button…sign into my Adobe ID account…and receive a prompt to enter a serial number.  Every time.  I’ve litterally read every post/link/tutorial/troubleshooting selfhelp in this forum and on the Adobe FAQ pages - with great attention, might I add - but nothing seems to work.

I've spent hours upon hours on the phone/live chat w/ Adobe reps trying to resolve this issue.  I've opened no less than 10 support cases.  EVERY SINGLE TIME that I try to activate my Creative Cloud membership, an Adobe rep feeds me the "I'll be sure to escalate this issue to the next level of support" line.  Likewise, Adobe support reps stated numerous times, that personnel from Adobe would contact me within 24 hours of my call to resolve the issue.  However, they’ve yet to follow through with this claim.  (Surprise)

Adobe should be ashamed by the egregious performance of their "technical support team.”  If Adobe won't fix the software, which they've already charged me for, then they've left me w/ little choice but to cancel my order before the initial 30 day period is up.  Enough is enough.

With that being said, Adobe, the following describes this dismal experience:

• I bought a subscription of Creative Cloud on 12/29/12 (somehow I ended up w/ the Multi Language edition of Creative Cloud- yes I've fiddled w/ the language settings in the app manager.  Doesn't work.)

• I received an order verification email from Adobe for my purchase, however, the order was never listed under the "my recent order" section of my Adobe ID

• Despite telling Adobe support that I only had one Adobe ID, they insisted that my order was showing up in their system, of which, was accessible by logging into my alternative Adobe ID (this didn’t exist because I only have one Adobe ID).

• Eventually, Adobe determined that a system error occurred on their side while processing the transaction, and fixed this initial issue.

• After this was resolved, I was able to login to my Adobe ID account and actually see my Creative Cloud membership order when viewing “my recent transactions.”

After all of that, I'm facing my 2nd major issue w/ this program: the inability to activate my subscription.  As previously stated, I've tried everything to fix this issue.  I'm thinking that the initial problem w/ placing the order resulted in defective software.  Also, I’m not sure if this info is relevant, but I purchased the multiple language edition of Creative Cloud (somehow).  I live in the US, speak English, and am running OS X 10.8.2.

Someone from Adobe, please look into this issue and help me.  I’ll be glad to provide any other relevant info that you may need.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about that--I'm having the exact same problem. Adobe support is awful--how have they not given users an easy solution!

I'm still waiting on tech support to help me out. If you figure it out, please let us know.

-S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I just figured out how to activate my product. I actually did two things, so I'm not sure which one did the trick.

1) First, I checked the following: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Everything was fine, except my Windows firewall was turned on. I turned this off just in case (see here for Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-Windows-Firewall-on-or-off)

2) I tried opening up the software again (in my case, Premiere Pro CS6). Before, when it asked me to sign in, it already had my email address, so I just clicked 'Sign In', which would bring me to the Serial Number entry page. This time, however, I re-entered my adobe ID (email address) and password, and it finally recognized my subscription! It's ridiculous that it didn't work before, though.

Hope that helps,

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem as described above.  I too have tried everything and nothing has worked.  Blake_A, did you ever get your service working?  I'm so frustrated and sick of searching for answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This resolved for me after waiting another 12 hours.  Miraculously it connected when I hit "License Software."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, very similar problems that I've spent hours trying to solve via live chat and phone support. It really shouldn't be this hard for the customer! I've concluded Adobe is just another big glossy company with a charming facade but in reality is just a sweat shop! I have no respect for their systems of operation or their indifference to customers.

Since reading these comments, I am absolutey convinced they really do not care, otherwise they would do something about their subscription runarounds and server errors. Whoever is at the top chooses to be blind to the riduculous problems that escalate into massive customer stress. Honestlly, a call back would go a very long way to improve what the word 'support' actually means.

Thanks to everybody here that's taken the time to comment, I hope they sort your issues out asap so you can just get on with the things that actually do matter. Thanks Blake-A for explaining a scenario that alot of us unfortunately relate to. I'd offer some advice but, you guessed it! Still pending.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the exact same problem, just got it fixed. The solution is quite fast. Navigate to the hosts file. On a pc it's in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc folder, locate the file named 'Hosts' inside the etc folder. Open it with notepad. Delete everything underneath

" # Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp. # # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows. # # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name. # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one # space. # # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol. # # For example: # # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host 127.0.0.1 localhost"

Save. Open the application manager again, click "License this product" and sign in. It should work, now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2013 Apr 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to forward that info!

Yes, I had the reps try to direct me to that 'hosts' folder but we couldn't find it anywhere. I also had another rep remote access my computer and even he couldn't find it! I ended up uninstalling the whole suite and reinstalling from the same links of the original order (this problem is not just related to the cloud). I did have to register 5 out of the 9 programs individually at first but I can open the programs normally now without registration prompts. They must have rewritten something to bypass this folder as it must be on my pc somewhere. Only problem I have now is with the 'Adobe Applications Manager' that seems to spiral out of control and won't open. I'll deal with that one when I've got the energy to.

Once again, thankyou for that info. I will pass it on to the other students in my Tafe class as they were sounding horrified by what may be headed their way. Would be nice if Adobe sent us instructions such as that, after all, it is their responsibility.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.

Just paid too. Cannot activate. Stuck in trial. Adobe has managed to get my money though. Clicked help. There's a f-ing book to read so I can just simply download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018 and I'm still having the same problem. Except it worked before and now it doesn't but Adobe is still billing me and I'm still under f'ing contract.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same fault.

I contacted Support, they TV'd in closed all Adobe programs in task manager and deleted all the Adobe directories. I reinstalled and it worked fine.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines