6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2013 2:17 PM by Plein Sud

Losing Sound

Plein Sud

I can create projects in Premiere elements 11 and can save them to my hard drive in PAL widescreen.  When I then burn them using windows DVD maker I lose the sound near the end of the project when played back on theDVD.  I have Windows 7, 1TB hard drive and 6GB RAM.

• 1. Re: Losing Sound
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from and what format and resolution is it? Did you use Premiere Elements' Add Media tools to get the video from the camcorder to your computer?

When you look under Edit/Project Settings, what project settings are listed on the General page?

Finally, does the DVD have sound if you play it on your computer?

• 2. Re: Losing Sound
            Plein Sud Level 1

The Camcorder is a Samsung HMX-H400.  The files are 16:9 MP4.  I did not use Add Media.

The Profect Settings are Mode HG1080i, Timebase 25 fps, Frame Size 1920*1080, Audio Sample Rate 48000 Hz.

The DVD has the same problems when I play it on my computer.  The sound dissappears near the end of the project.  I have thrown about 10 DVD's in the bin in 2 days!!!.

I tried Publishing in MPEG 2 to my hard drive but I can not then burn a DVD as I get a message that this is not a supported file type.

• 3. Re: Losing Sound
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you play the timeline, does your video project have audio the whole way through?

If you Publish & Share/Computer/AVI with the DV setting, does the AVI you output have audio the whole way through?

• 4. Re: Losing Sound
                Plein Sud Level 1

Yes, the timeline has sound all the way and when I publish this to a file on my hard drive this has sound all the way through.  The problem only occurs when I burn a DVD.

• 5. Re: Losing Sound
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Let's step back just a bit.

Once you have edited your Timeline, if, instead of Publish/Share, you instead choose Burn to Folder, you will end up with a VIDEO_TS folder, with the necessary IFO, BUP and VOB files (the VOB's will contain the MPEG-2 file(s), inside the VOB container.

Now, you can test the Project from that VIDEO_TS folder, with a DVD software player, like the great, free MediaPlayer Classic HC. I do this for all Projects.

If all checks out in that VIDEO_TS folder, I use ImgBurn (free), to Burn to Disc. Now, at this step, I Burn to a DVD-RW, to use for testing on about six hardware players (ultra-cheapie to very high-end esoteric hardware players). If all works well there, then I use ImgBurn to burn to DVD +R, or -R discs, for delivery.

That workflow allows me two levels of testing, with not one "coaster." I have used my RW discs many times, just for testing, and use Falcon Pro, Verbatim or Taiyo-Yuden blank media for the delivery DVD-Videos. With over 2000 delivered, I have never had one return for issues, but then I have tested, and then tested again.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Losing Sound
                    Plein Sud Level 1

Hunt,

many thanks, I shall try this.

Peter