5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2013 6:34 AM by [Ariel] RSS

table in epub

cadispraha Community Member

Hello, could anybody be so kind and help me with tables in epub? I want table without borders in epub. Indesign:

ilja-indesign.JPG

Settings of cells:

ilja-cell.JPG

or (does't matter which one):

ilja-cell_1.JPG

Epub:

ilja-epub.JPG

In html I can see:

ilja-html_before.JPG

If I have eddited html code with:

ilja-html_after.JPG

I can see this table without borders in readers...

ilja-epub_after.JPG

I need to know where I  am wrong in Indesign. Thx a lot for your help... Ilja

• 1. Re: table in epub
          [Jongware] CommunityMVP

InDesign is not an "e-pub editor". The current functionality is not to *create* an exact copy of your work as an e-pub, it's just there to *facilitate* to export existing content to a format to be worked on with a *real* e-pub editor.

To chnage table borders (and, indeed, do *anything* with regards to table formatting), you need to open the exported e-pub document and adjust the CSS style document, and optionally the HTML file. For most purposes, adjusting the CSS is enough. To edit the e-pub document, you can use a dedicated editor such as Sigil, or just manually unpack, edit, and re-pack the e-pub file. That is not straightforward, as it has a few demands, but it has been asked before and a quick Google query will show lots of ways to do so.

• 2. Re: table in epub
            [Jongware] CommunityMVP

Um. (After re-reading :D) So yeah, you are on the right track there. Since table formatting does not carry over into the e-pub, you must change it manually.

• 3. Re: table in epub
              BobLevine CommunityMVP

border-style: none

Bob

• 4. Re: table in epub
                cadispraha Community Member

Thx for reply. Now I know that I am on the right way. I am using Oxygen for edit. Sigil adds to much text to html code and some readers has problem to read epubs then.

But why developers did not add these two lines to html code is another question. Maybe in CS7... Ilja

• 5. Re: table in epub
                  [Ariel] Community Member

I haven't followed this too closely, but if you just want to add one

line of CSS to your ePub export, just add a "custom CSS" file when

exporting from InDesign. InDesign CS6 (don't remember about previous

versions) has the option of attaching a custom CSS file to all your ePubs.

Ariel