2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2007 9:27 PM by rohitmarathe

Incresing script Time Limit in Adobe Flex Builder 2.0

rohitmarathe
      Hi All,
      Using a Adobe Flex Builder I am creating an application which has lot of complex recursive sorting algorithms that take comparitively more time and hence the overall time required to complete the excecution of function goes beyond 60 secods after 60 secods Flash player throws an error message and terminates the script excecution.Is there any way to increase scriptTimeLimit more than 60 Secods.Currently I am adding scriptTimeLimit parameter in Applicatio tag so that I am able to run my function for 60 seconds...

<mx:Application xmlns:mx=" http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute" creationComplete="DoSomething()" scriptTimeLimit="60">

Is there any way to increase tis limit to say 10 minutes?

• 1. Re: Incresing script Time Limit in Adobe Flex Builder 2.0
          ntsiii Level 3
          You will not be happy to hear this, but no. As of flash Player 8, 60 seconds is the maximum.

I have a client who is frozen at FP7 because of this stupid, arrogant decision. I have filed enhancement requests on this to no avail.

People will blather on about how longer times result in a "bad experience" for the user, but this is again arrogant for them to believe they have any clue what MY application does and what users will accept.

What if Flex Builder bombed out any time a compile took longer than 60 seconds? What kind of "experience" would that be?

Because of this idiotic limitation, I am going to have to move my recursive processing to the server. But this will take about 6 weeks, and I have yet to find the "spare" time, or to find someone to pay for it.

Grrrr.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Tracy
          • 2. Re: Incresing script Time Limit in Adobe Flex Builder 2.0
            rohitmarathe Level 1
            Hi Tracy,
            Thanks for the reply.I think i need to enhance my recursive code in order to overcome this limitation.Anyways, thanks for the reply.