3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2013 1:24 PM by sinious

AIR CreateWinProcess failed error 2

IzaacBarratt Level 1

When exporting an AIR document ( I have tried used AIR 2.5, 3.2 & 3.4 + I downloaded the cs6 update 2) every time it gives me this message :  CreateWinProcess failed error 2.

Can somebody please help me

• 1. Re: AIR CreateWinProcess failed error 2
          sinious Most Valuable Participant

This may be similar to the Java error 2 which means it cannot find Java (JAR) which is what Adobe uses to compile via ADT. The adt.bat in the bin folder has this command:

@java -jar "%~dp0\..\lib\adt.jar" %*

If it can't find the adt.jar or can't find java.exe then you can get this error. Check your systems globals. 

Go to a command prompt (Start Button -> type "cmd" -> Click OK). In that window check to make sure adt is accessible (in your path). Type "adt -version" and you should see a version number.

e.g. adt -version:

C:\> adt -version

Notice I did this from C: root (not in a java folder). If it tells you it is not a recognized command, Flash or Flex is not properly in your OS environment variables. Here's an Adobe article on setting the path environment:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSfffb011ac560372f-71994050128cca87097-8000.html

If you cannot find where to set the PATH environment variable, here's a Java (oracle) article on where to find it and how to set it:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/essential/environment/paths.html

In my %PATH% I have (because I use Flash Builder):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0\bin

ADT needs to find Java as well. From the same black command prompt try "java -version":

e.g. java -version for me is:

java version "1.7.0_10"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_10-b18)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.6-b04, mixed mode)

Make sure you install the latest Java which should set it for you:

http://www.java.com/en/download/

• 2. Re: AIR CreateWinProcess failed error 2
            IzaacBarratt Level 1

I have used the given instructions and now when typing in on the command programme I can see both my adt and java versions, but the problem persists asny suggestions?

• 3. Re: AIR CreateWinProcess failed error 2
              sinious Most Valuable Participant

Lite brute force, try starting the app again and resseting preferences. Close Flash if running. Restart and immediately hold CTRL+ALT+SHIFT. It should ask if you want to reset preferences. Say yes. Try again.

Full brute force, try re-installing Flash and overlaying the latest air. This can remove cruft from a very old isntall being upgraded/overlayed many times as well as avoid any potential bad sectors on a failing hard disk.

If this doesn't work, please disable any antivirus/malware/spyware apps and try once more.